Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Obviously not going down the route of giving youth a try.

Surely adds more weight to the idea that we are going to bring a striker in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It's the next stage for him and Falque who must be on the cusp of the first team sqaud but need a consistent run of competitive games for their development.

The same way United loan out their youngsters.. Interesting that both have gone abroad though, not sure why they aren't going to the Championship..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Obviously not going down the route of giving youth a try.

Not necessarily... Obika and Coulthirst are ahead of Coulibaly in the pecking order.

Obika has served his apprenticeship on loan, while Coulibaly is under-study to Couulthirst in the U-21s team.

Lads, while I'm all for youth development and there's nothing better than having a homegrown lad in the side, it's not a 19/20 year old that we need up top, it's a proven goalscorer.

Next season will be the time to start involving the young lads..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Spot on, we need someone who CAN score, and then have one of the young fellas learn from him to challenge/push him for top spot..eventually...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If only we could find a Michu :(

Kiith wrote: »
    If only we could find a Michu :(

Offer 15m for Soldado, that's what I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Metro and Talksport both saying Spurs lead the chase for Hooper
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/25/tottenham-lead-charge-to-bring-celtics-gary-hooper-to-premier-league-3367217/

Tony Cottee's view of Hooper
    “What struck me most about Hooper was his ability to sniff out a chance. He instinctively knows where to be and that knack is in such short supply.“There’s an intelligence about his movement and that explosive burst to gain an extra yard is what separates the great from the good and Gary has that.
    “You can see the way he times things that he is a step ahead of defenders and that’s the biggest sign of a natural goal scorer.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-cottee-gary-hooper-has-the-dna-1552506

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

This should be an eventful week:

The mirror are reporting Defoe played through injury against ManUtd and may need surgery http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_18554_-.html

Shalke GM in London last night to finalise Holtbys move http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/schalke-confirm-sunday-night-tottenham-negotiations-to-finalise-e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If Defoe is out, we are screwed.

Actually scratch that, even if Defoe isn't out, if we don't buy a striker, we are screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about making a 5million bid for bent ?

mickman wrote: »

Not a bad shout at all, I'd take him for 7/8m at the moment no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Tell me you are havin' a laff!!!!

Tell me you are havin' a laff!!!!

he has always scored goals.

awful player, terrible touch, Sandra is better ......

awful player, terrible touch, Sandra is better ......

worse than ade's touch this year ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Except for when he played for us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No way, just no way.

unless he was for free. And even then I'd find it hard to stomach given him 50K a week

worse than ade's touch this year ?

Ade hasn't had a great year I agree. Unfortunately for us its been very stop start - he was injured, came back into the team, got send off and suspended, came back into the team, got injured again, came back into the team, off to the ACN...... Hopefully he gets a few games in the ACN and comes back fit.

I would have a half fit Ade in the team ahead of Bent any day.

• Advertisement

Ade hasn't had a great year I agree. Unfortunately for us its been very stop start - he was injured, came back into the team, got send off and suspended, came back into the team, got injured again, came back into the team, off to the ACN...... Hopefully he gets a few games in the ACN and comes back fit.

yeah so would i but we need players and cheap ones as levy wont splash the cash

we need an actual striker

:D This makes me laugh, Adebayor has done nout for us this season, and yet a half fit Adebayor would be better for us than a fully fit Bent :confused:

If we could get Bent for 6/7m I'd take him. He'll stay in the box where a striker is meant to be and he'd get us goals. He's not a world beater but he'd be a better option than how we lined up yesterday.

In saying all that, I'm still holding out for our 15m bid for Soldado..

I haven't seen bent play this year, he hasn't played much...dunno how anyone can consider a player who isn't playing as an option, we may as well stick obika in if those are the straws being grasped at

I haven't seen bent play this year, he hasn't played much...dunno how anyone can consider a player who isn't playing as an option, we may as well stick obika in if those are the straws being grasped at

So just because he hasn't played, he shouldn't be considered ?? Obika is a better option is he, I'll take that as a joke ? Benteke has played ahead of him and deservedly so, and Bent has been injured too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for our 15m bid for Soldado..

I'd very much like this. Valencia are struggling financially, right?

:D This makes me laugh, Adebayor has done nout for us this season, and yet a half fit Adebayor would be better for us than a fully fit Bent :confused:

If we could get Bent for 6/7m I'd take him. He'll stay in the box where a striker is meant to be and he'd get us goals. He's not a world beater but he'd be a better option than how we lined up yesterday.

In saying all that, I'm still holding out for our 15m bid for Soldado..

You do remember he was a Spurs player before? And we sold him because he was useless. It would be a huge step backwards to sign Bent.

I'd very much like this. Valencia are struggling financially, right?

Yeah there in trouble alright, could be a fire sale apparently.

You do remember he was a Spurs player before? And we sold him because he was useless. It would be a huge step backwards to sign Bent.

Was he ;)
    Yes I remember him well mate, and I remember the ridiculous comment made about him by our manager live on tv that ended his spurs time too. Was he sold because he was useless ? If you say so, I would have thought he left because he wasn't getting a game at the time, couldn't blame him either.

I'd rather have Bent in our ranks than no striker at all come Feb 1st. Beggars can't be choosers. Defoe apparently injured depending on what you read, Adebayor doesn't care, oh hang on we have Obika so we're fine.

Was he ;)
    Yes I remember him well mate, and I remember the ridiculous comment made about him by our manager live on tv that ended his spurs time too. Was he sold because he was useless ? If you say so, I would have though he left because he wasn't getting a game at the time, couldn't blame him either.

I'd rather have Bent in our ranks than no striker at all come Feb 1st. Beggars can't be choosers. Defoe apparently injured depending on what you read, Adebayor doesn't care, oh hang on we have Obika so we're fine.

So you rate Bent? Seriously?
    I would prefer any of Hooper, Graham, Holt .... than Bent again. He is a second rate Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

By the way you guys do realise that Obika is 22 and will be 23 in September. Hardly our youth to be honest.

Advertisement