Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Kold wrote: »
    "European football expert James Horncastle tells BBC Sport: "Inter seem keen on some wheel-and-dealing and there's a rumour in Gazzetta about a mooted exchange with Tottenham which would see former Porto [and Andre Villas-Boas disciple] Alvaro Pereira go to White Hart Lane with Benoit Assou-Ekotto heading to San Siro"

Just on the BBC ticker.

I hope it doesn't happen. Benny is one of the best LBs in the Prem and I think the lad's a legend.

He's a legend alright but he can be a right headless chicken when he wants to be. Anyone have any clue how good Pereira is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    hudd isnt worth 1 million - never mind 5

A bit harsh lads, Hudd was/is a good footballer, he had a great back end to the season when we qualified for the CL. Then injury set him back.

It's his lack of mobility that has shown him up this season because AVB plays a pressing style and he was more suited to HR's expansive style.

Good luck to him, when does Moutinho arrive?:D

"Because of his creativity you can compare him to Rafa - to a certain extent anyway because Rafa was a greatly experienced player when he joined and Lewis has all his career ahead of him.

"He will fill the No.10 position, although he can play on the right or the left and he has also played in a holding role."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

nbar12 wrote: »
    He's a legend alright but he can be a right headless chicken when he wants to be. Anyone have any clue how good Pereira is?

All I remember is the last WC in which he was a key member of a very good team. But that's a good 3 years ago ey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Togo just qualified to the QF, so no Ade for a while yet. This just further highlights our need for cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^^ Pants to that.

Next couple of games/weeks are make or break for us. 2 big games in the EL either side of the newcastle game as well, so there will be no option to rest or rotate Defoe either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

celt262 wrote: »
    You wouldn't think what is a joke?

Recalling Kane

Don't look now but apparently Internacional are about to sign striker Luan from Palmeiras.....:cool:

Tomorrow is gonna be ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kold wrote: »
    "European football expert James Horncastle tells BBC Sport: "Inter seem keen on some wheel-and-dealing and there's a rumour in Gazzetta about a mooted exchange with Tottenham which would see former Porto [and Andre Villas-Boas disciple] Alvaro Pereira go to White Hart Lane with Benoit Assou-Ekotto heading to San Siro"

Just on the BBC ticker.

I hope it doesn't happen. Benny is one of the best LBs in the Prem and I think the lad's a legend.

Hmmm, I was at the United game and at the end Benny went to the Park Lane and threw his shirt in and bowed to the fans. I hope it was not a goodbye gesture.

AVB 'there was an interest from Fulham in Huddlestone. We have allowed player to speak to the club.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Welp, the Spurs January transfer window is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/01/31/confirmed-tottenhams-move-for-joao-moutinho-is-now-easier-to-com/?

I'm not excited I'm not excited I'm not excited I'm not excited....

Awwww who am I kidding....

L'Equipe reporting spurs are bidding for Lisandro Lopez.. I like him in Football Manager 2013 if that helps!.....

Another point to make. For anyone thinking Damaio will join today it's a 10 hot flight from brazil to London. Pretty sure he'd need to have his medical etc. done before tonight right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    Another point to make. For anyone thinking Damaio will join today it's a 10 hot flight from brazil to London. Pretty sure he'd need to have his medical etc. done before tonight right?

almost zero chance of him joining id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

L'Equipe reporting spurs are bidding for Lisandro Lopez.. I like him in Football Manager 2013 if that helps!.....

I'd very much like Lopez. He's all rounder, but is a fantastic finisher. By the looks of last night, AVB will want to revert to his 4-2-3-1 when Holtby is in the team. I think Lisandro Lopez will fit perfectly at the top of that front four.

mickman wrote: »
    almost zero chance of him joining id say

Completely agree. Also 'hot' should be hour... Damn autocorrect on iPhone...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He could probably do his medical and sign in Brazil mate.

Huddlestone talking to Fulham.

QPR enquiring about Jenas and Bentley.

If we sold all of them for £5m each (am I being too optimistic?), we'd have £15m and add that to the £20m we were going to spend on Moutinho. That gives us £35m.

Would £35m be enough to buy Moutinho and Lopez??? :D:D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He could probably do his medical and sign in Brazil mate.

Could have sworn the medical needs to be done by Spurs' club doctor.

• Advertisement

Huddlestone talking to Fulham.

QPR enquiring about Jenas and Bentley.

If we sold all of them for £5m each (am I being too optimistic?), we'd have £15m and add that to the £20m we were going to spend on Moutinho. That gives us £35m.

Would £35m be enough to buy Moutinho and Lopez??? :D:D

You forgot Andros Townsend. Dunno if they want to sign him or loan him.

Gomes to hoffenheim on loan... Crap.. Wish he just left!

The problem with signing a marquee striker is that AVB won't play two up front so, with Ade and Defoe there, another striker might only go to upset the apple cart.

I think we should be looking for a more adaptable winger/striker type. Someone who can rotate with Bale and Lennon, but could also play up front if needed. Loic Remy seems to be a player in that mould, but looks to be sticking with Marseille. Another option would be Giuseppi Rossi, now that Villareal have been relegated - though his recovery from a bad injury is still ongoing. I also very much like Lisandro Lopez of Lyon - he has a good goal scoring record in Argentina, Portugal and France - and also plays on the wing.

Any other suggestions of players of this type?

The above is a quote from me from the 11th of July 2012. I'd love it if we got him.

I'm a little worried that the Lyon hierarchy might hold Levy's tactics with the Lloris transfer against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lopez was a legend at Porto before he went to Lyon so AVB will know all about him even if he has never managed him.

A very underratted striker imo. I actually read somewhere else we were in for his partner Gomis.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Lopez was a legend at Porto before he went to Lyon so AVB will know all about him even if he has never managed him.

A very underratted striker imo. I actually read somewhere else we were in for his partner Gomis.

Lots of reports about Gomis today aswell.. Around 7m pound supposedly is what would be needed. But as was said, Lyon don't like Levy after Lloris so I don't see it happening....

At least we wont have some eejit hanging out the door window his is car talking to the press all day
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    oh wait

23375_417913094949433_207453738_n.jpg

Shamelessly robbed of facebook

182202_417696554971087_1400763019_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Everton looking like they could be signing Negredo, if they do and we don't sign a striker, I reckon we say goodbye to top 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Everton looking like they could be signing Negredo, if they do and we don't sign a striker, I reckon we say goodbye to top 4!

Id say that's a deal that could be hijacked.

• Advertisement

Talks of A 9M pound bid by them.

Also rumours that Lopez offer is a loan by Spurs.

Advertisement