Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Alex Pritchard gone on loan to Peterborough. This is quite interesting. I was hoping he'd sign a new contract sooner rather than later.

The experience will be great, but if he does very well there will be more light shone on him. Hopefully our NextGen team can keep progressing without him too.

I spoke too soon, he signed a two and a half year contract with a clause for an extension! :cool::cool:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/430151/20130131/alex-pritchard-tottenham-liverpool-peterborough-new-deal.htm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jenas outside the front doors of QPR trying to sort an 18 month contract out, small problem being the front doors being locked and no one there to welcome him.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Skysports saying we are in negotiations to sign Damiao..... Why leave it this late

Sky Sports are outside our training ground saying we're deep in talks with Internacional for Leandro Damiao...... has me on the edge of my seat. Moutinho all over again! :eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

oppiuy wrote: »
    Skysports saying we are in negotiations to sign Damiao..... Why leave it this late

Cause its not gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I read earlier that he can sign and do a medical tomorrow. Please, please, please

Hopefully its not just an appeasement stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I bet it is us who have triggered Diame's release clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Twitter is saying Inter president turned down spurs' offer and Damaio won't be leaving today..

To be honest I believe twitter as much as I believe sky sports. Both are as bad as each other.

Guess ill go back to sleep and expect nothing to happen.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I bet it is us who have triggered Diame's release clause.

Arsenal.

• Advertisement

oppiuy wrote: »

The Independent saying it's off now...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/spurs-shelve-interest-in-damiao-3371806.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

It was never on :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The internet saying 7 million bid by someone for Diame. Arsenal are current favorite with us close behind. My guess is QPR given that they're buying fcuking everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

At what stage did VdV sign chaps? I'm doubting well sign anyone at this stage but there's always some hope... Isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

With Jenas going out I hope we'll sign Diame.

Also we'll end up a laughing stock if we fail to sign Damiao in the same fashion we failed to sign Moutinho. Levy mugging the fans, again!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    The internet saying 7 million bid by someone for Diame. Arsenal are current favorite with us close behind. My guess is QPR given that they're buying fcuking everyone :-)

If the buyout clause is €4mil why would anyone bid over that? Surely spam have no say once the clause is met....i call BS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

At what stage did VdV sign chaps? I'm doubting well sign anyone at this stage but there's always some hope... Isn't there?

Vdv signed a good few hours after the deadline, we got a special dispensation from the FA due to 'telecommunication problems'....;)

If a deal is in the process you can drag it out by two hours I think, so probably 1am..

Saab Ed wrote: »

His buyout clause is still 3.5m so it would have to take someone stupid to bid 7m. Harry does for that....

But Internet is also saying its nobody as west ham said no bid was made. Sky sports are just trying to make a little more money in sky bet. I'm convinced they make up stories to get people spending money on their sky bet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

At least Bentleys fecking off. We could get damiao in the summer, didn't know we had a partnership with Internacional.

At least Bentleys fecking off. We could get damiao in the summer, didn't know we had a partnership with Internacional.

We've had a partnership since before Sandro joined. How could you not know that??

Pretty much every Damaio article over the past few years all mentions our partnership... Living under a rock?

• Advertisement

Something tells me, and don't ask me why.... That spurs are going to make another bid for Damaio before the window shuts..... Maybe it's just hope or the fact it's too early in the morning so I'm not thinking straight.. I dunno!

**** this, im off to bed and im fairly pissed off with our chairman..We need a striker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a ****ing joke that we leave things this late every bloody year. Assuming there is any truth to what sky is saying g, and we've had a bid turned down, what the **** is levy doing? A couple of million extra isn't going to break the bank. We've made plenty over the last few years.

Get it done Levy, or **** right off.

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a ****ing joke that we leave things this late every bloody year. Assuming there is any truth to what sky is saying g, and we've had a bid turned down, what the **** is levy doing? A couple of million extra isn't going to break the bank. We've made plenty over the last few years.

Get it done Levy, or **** right off.

Inter said that it not about money they dont want to see till the summer :confused:

Seriously guys.... If you don't know by now that our owner and chairman run the club as a business and to make money by now then you'll never grasp it!....

Would you lot much rather we have owners like Portsmouth or QPR?

Spending 12.5m pound on Chris Samba and paying him £100k a week?

celt262 wrote: »
    Inter said that it not about money they dont want to see till the summer :confused:

That's b0llox and Inter fooking us about then, because during the Summer they said they didn't want to sell in the middle of their season and that we'd have to wait 'til the Winter window. Hopefully we tell them to go fook themselves and sign someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy out

Buy a striker and get into champions league and make bucket loads of money.

This could be the last year that a handy champions league spot is available.

That's b0llox and Inter fooking us about then, because during the Summer they said they didn't want to sell in the middle of their season and that we'd have to wait 'til the Winter window. Hopefully we tell them to go fook themselves and sign someone else...

Its like a never ending loop, the lad doesn't want to come either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

We are going to sign........................................... No one! The usual ****e!

Advertisement