Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mullaj00 wrote: »
    We are going to sign........................................... No one! The usual ****e!

We signed Dempsey deadline day in August. We signed Saha and Nelsen last year. We signed VdV deadline day.

How is signing nobody on deadline day usual?!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Oh we had an £18 million bid for Moutinho turned down because they didn't want to sell him. We had a bid of £22 million for Daimio but we couldn't agree personal terms. We tried to hijack Willians transfer with a £35 million offer but couldn't get it through in time. Wait for the usual excuses. We will end up with nothing but out-goings and more money in the purse for Levy!

Inter are willing to sell but we won't stump up the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Inter are willing to sell but we won't stump up the money!

Thats not what was said on SSN half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The fans are let down once again...

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Thats not what was said on SSN half an hour ago.

He's right though. Inter chairman said offer was too low. Nevermind that bull**** sky sports..

irishmover wrote: »
    We signed Dempsey deadline day in August. We signed Saha and Nelsen last year. We signed VdV deadline day.

How is signing nobody on deadline day usual?!

These are squad players (apart from VDV)! Where is our marquee signing that we have been waiting years for?

He's right though. Inter chairman said offer was too low. Nevermind that bull**** sky sports..

I never though he was going to come anyway, he will end up else where in the summer.

Last ditch bid for Hooper it is then.

These are squad players (apart from VDV)! Where is our marquee signing that we have been waiting years for?

You never said that. You said we're not signing anyone ad usual ****e... I'm only explaining to you that this isn't usual.. We regularly sign players on deadline day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I saw an article saying we'd made a bid of £16m, but I didn't believe it. Surely we didn't go in that low....?!

I saw an article saying we'd made a bid of £16m, but I didn't believe it. Surely we didn't go in that low....?!

of course we did, it's levy all over mate

The way I see it is, we get rid of fringe players, get a few bob for them and get their wages off the books. Levy fools the fans into thinking we are bidding on £20 - £30 million players that will get us into Champions League. He keeps his £30 million pot, saves £20 million and doesn't give a ****e about not getting Champions League because he has banked £50 million +. Qualifying for CL is not a concern for him!

Couple places saying it was 13m lads...... That's a joke I hope though.

celt262 wrote: »
    Last ditch bid for Hooper it is then.

We can borrow Norwichs' private jet :D

You never said that. You said we're not signing anyone ad usual ****e... I'm only explaining to you that this isn't usual.. We regularly sign players on deadline day.

Dempsey, Nelsen, Saha. Hardly setting the world alight are we?

The way I see it is, we get rid of fringe players, get a few bob for them and get their wages off the books. Levy fools the fans into thinking we are bidding on £20 - £30 million players that will get us into Champions League. He keeps his £30 million pot, saves £20 million and doesn't give a ****e about not getting Champions League because he has banked £50 million +. Qualifying for CL is not a concern for him!

same happened with aguero and rossi remember

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy out

Levy out

Not saying I want him out. He is a good business man, but has taken some risks that have went 'west'! Now he is tight-fisted in his dealings.

You don't seem to get my point do you... You said signing NOBODY is the usual ****e at spurs on deadline day. I showed you facts as to why its unusual that we're signing nobody. Doesn't matter who these players are.

Infact maybe these are prime examples of why its probably best we aren't signing anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Lloris?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I presume you's have seen the picture of Neil Warnock keeping busy ...10563_412348198849547_694997101_n%20%281%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You'd almost miss Redknapps mug hanging out of the Range Rover at Spurs Lodge......... Almost;)

You don't seem to get my point do you... You said singing NOBODY is the usual ****e at spurs on deadline day. I showed you facts as to why its unusual that we're signing nobody. Doesn't matter who these players are.

Infact maybe these are prime examples of why its probably best we aren't signing anyone?

Okay, I get your point, we do sign players, I get it! We should expect MORE than these sort of signings. We are in and challenging for a Champions League position. We have been short of a striker for a long, long time. We get these mediocre signings that pacify us to a degree but do not show true ambition to achieve!

You'd almost miss Redknapps mug hanging out of the Range Rover at Spurs Lodge......... Almost;)

Er, no!!:)

Okay, I get your point, we do sign players, I get it! We should expect MORE than these sort of signings. We are in and challenging for a Champions League position. We have been short of a striker for a long, long time. We get these mediocre signings that pacify us to a degree but do not show true ambition to achieve!

The only thing really going for us is Arsenal didn't strengthen attack either...

Have SSN been to The Lane tonight yet?

Jenas gone to QPR. I'm going on the beer!!

Jenas gone to QPR. I'm going on the beer!!

:D

• Advertisement

Successful window with him gone....

Advertisement