Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

oops.... I'm in the Spurs forum!!!!

Sorry....post moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Levy's let us down big time,be hard to get top 4 now with what we have up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tippspur wrote: »
    Levy's let us down big time,be hard to get top 4 now with what we have up front.

Thank god we got Holtby now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Steady on lads. Just hearing something.

We have signed some Korean striker called Fo King No Wan

Almost as good as defoe apparently :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »

If either Defoe or Ade pick up an injury we are screwed, even if they stay fit they are not good enough to score the goals to get us top 4. Levy has well and truly screwed us big time, he can fcuk right off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Kind of glad of no last minute drama. We became renouned for it.

Getting rid of jj is great business. Stupid wages, never understood what people saw in him. couldn't even get a game when on loan to forest

JJ was great under Jol. I think one of his many injuries ruined him.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

:D:D:D

Supporting Spurs (especially during transfer windows) = Disappointment, year after fcuking year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Better than signing Fo King No Good! He's a complete waste!!!

Weral Pistov signed at 10.59 pm tonight ... but, don't worry, Leandro will come in July13/Jan14/July15 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Morning folks. Well what a sham that was. I cant see us getting fourth now and predict the Goon's do us again. We've gone through years of heartache and we seem to be on the fringes of becoming a top top side, one of the last pieces of the puzzle is glaring obvious and we fail yet again.

Queue Vills Boas being told to say we went after everyone but couldnt get the deals done

It could be worse guys. We could have paid £12.5m on Chris Samba and paid him £100k a week in wages on a 4.5 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

irishmover wrote: »
    It could be worse guys. We could have paid £12.5m on Chris Samba and paid him £100k a week in wages on a 4.5 year deal.

Can he stick the ball in the onion net without having 19 chances per game?? :)

We really need to get another forward, on loan even. We are so predictable at the moment and have load options other than to try and walk the ball in the net or long range dempsey deflections. When can we expect ade back at the latest

oppiuy wrote: »
    Can he stick the ball in the onion net without having 19 chances per game?? :)

We really need to get another forward, on loan even. We are so predictable at the moment and have load options other than to try and walk the ball in the net or long range dempsey deflections. When can we expect ade back at the latest

I actually read an excellent article on Adebayors personal life over the past 18 months. He has had an incredibly tough life and I have no idea how he managed to perform the way he did last season on loan.

With him at the ACN and having a good tournament and enjoying himself (yes he's enjoying himself) for the first time in a long time I have my expectations that he'll come back showing the form he had while he was with us on loan.

I sincerely expect a different Adebayor returning to the club and if he shows the old form then we won't need another striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I actually read an excellent article on Adebayors personal life over the past 18 months. He has had an incredibly tough life and I have no idea how he managed to perform the way he did last season on loan.

With him at the ACN and having a good tournament and enjoying himself (yes he's enjoying himself) for the first time in a long time I have my expectations that he'll come back showing the form he had while he was with us on loan.

I sincerely expect a different Adebayor returning to the club and if he shows the old form then we won't need another striker.

Hopefully, I'm looking forward to seeing him link up with Hotlby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Any chance you can dig this article out?

Any chance you can dig this article out?

I'll try my best to find it.. Sorry if I dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yeah read that the other day, tough going for him, hopefully this tournament helps him bury his ghosts and as much as we want him back asap I'd be happy for him if they beat BF on Sunday to make the Semis..

Always been fond of the big man, he seems to have a great relationship with Bale and I think Bale prefers playing with him as a front man. Fair enough his form has been poor this season but mainly down to lack of pre-season and niggling injuries.

He was a revelation for us last season and I don't buy all the "now he's got his contract sh1t" Hopefully he comes back stronger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yeah read that the other day, tough going for him, hopefully this tournament helps him bury his ghosts and as much as we want him back asap I'd be happy for him if they beat BF on Sunday to make the Semis..

Always been fond of the big man, he seems to have a great relationship with Bale and I think Bale prefers playing with him as a front man. Fair enough his form has been poor this season but mainly down to lack of pre-season and niggling injuries.

He was a revelation for us last season and I don't buy all the "now he's got his contract sh1t" Hopefully he comes back stronger!

yeah, this is true

I still woulnt say he has been rubbish - he has put in some good performances.

Quiet window by us for once - eerily quiet :-)

Does this mean we have a bit of staibility ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone hear the joke.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

see Reading offered 10m for Sig and it was rejected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Hatch99 wrote: »
    see Reading offered 10m for Sig and it was rejected

I wouldn't have rejected that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

I wouldn't have rejected that.

He could be an effective player if he can get a run of games, but i don't expect he will.

Advertisement