Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    Quiet window by us for once - eerily quiet :-)

Does this mean we have a bit of staibility ??

Good positivity after some of the melodrama last night.

I think the increased stability will help us not throw away the gap over Arsenal like last season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Siggy can perform, I remember looking at him a few times playing for Swansea and he was amazing. Hopefully he'll find form again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yeah read that the other day, tough going for him, hopefully this tournament helps him bury his ghosts and as much as we want him back asap I'd be happy for him if they beat BF on Sunday to make the Semis..

Always been fond of the big man, he seems to have a great relationship with Bale and I think Bale prefers playing with him as a front man. Fair enough his form has been poor this season but mainly down to lack of pre-season and niggling injuries.

He was a revelation for us last season and I don't buy all the "now he's got his contract sh1t" Hopefully he comes back stronger!

I respect all he has been through, I do, I'm sure it's been a complete nightmare for him. I really hope he comes back and proves to be a great player for us, I have my doubts though. I'd loved to be proved wrong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

He's on his way. Togo are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    He's on his way. Togo are out

Mr_Burns.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

BBC reporting we had Damiao all done until Internacional pulled the plug on the deal at 4/5 on 31st.

Deal was done quickly after Internacional decided they wanted to sell late in the window only to change there mind on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

BBC reporting we had Damiao all done until Internacional pulled the plug on the deal at 4/5 on 31st.

Deal was done quickly after Internacional decided they wanted to sell late in the window only to change there mind on the 31st.

sure it doesn't even matter, Levy should of had a back up plan. Anyway it's grand, we have loads of strikers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This is even more annoying. I'd rather hear that DL didnt make any effort rather than the usual farce whereby he cheapens our good name with his half-arsed transfer antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Gomes did another of his trade-mark bloopers when coming for a easy cross costing hamburg a goal & their coach was raging so i dont see them offering him a full time contract after his loan is up somehow lol..

Hamburg? Thought it was Hoffenheim he went to? :confused:

• Advertisement

^^^ thats the thing with Gomes, he's so bad his mistakes can cause goals to be conceded for teams he doesnt even play for.:D

^^^ thats the thing with Gomes, he's so bad his mistakes can cause goals to be conceded for teams he doesnt even play for.:D

this is totally true! & partly due to a chronic lack of sleep on my behalf causing me to mix up german teams :)

but its all gomes fault anyway...if looks could kill his poor poor coach was so p1ssed ..

they were saying on ESPN they only got gomes as their own keeper was prone to big fook ups:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

davycc wrote: »
    this is totally true! & partly due to a chronic lack of sleep on my behalf causing me to mix up german teams :)

but its all gomes fault anyway...if looks could kill his poor poor coach was so p1ssed ..

they were saying on ESPN they only got gomes as their own keeper was prone to big fook ups:p

Haha then maybe is time to sack the scout who recommended him in the first place. Did he not watch any footage of him at all???

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha then maybe is time to sack the scout who recommended him in the first place. Did he not watch any footage of him at all???

Its one of the most bizarre loan deals seeing as they had only signed ex German international Tim Wiese in summer 2012 ..

"The pressure he is under in every game, to remain mistake-free, was inhumane.

"He cannot deal with that, which is why it was our duty to take action." says andreas moller GM at club.

& that action was to bring in Gomes:D
    he does not do well in these pressure situations..
    he had a stormer in his home debut but in his 2nd game away to Hannover the real gomes showed his butter fingers unbelievable (bad :o)tekkers;)

here is the incident cost hoffenheim the game

http://www.footreview.net/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&Itemid=1&task=viewvideo&video_id=7003

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I will never understand why we got rid of KPB.

Because he needed a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Anyone having to watch UPC/setanta- I cannot stand this commentator - he really hates Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Apparently Anzhi (not typing second name) made a loan offer for Kaboul and Spurs turned it down.

They're loaded aren't they? £50m.

They're loaded aren't they? £50m.

Ha :)

I guess that's what clubs would think if Spurs sold Bale for £70m!

They lost Samba so need a replacement.

I believe they offered £10m for him last week.

• Advertisement

£10m? For Kaboul? That wouldn't buy his left nut! They can f*ck right off! Could they not take Bill Gallas off our hands for nothing?

£10m? For Kaboul? That wouldn't buy his left nut! They can f*ck right off! Could they not take Bill Gallas off our hands for nothing?

I know. I just hope AVB knows how good he is to not want rid of him. He's coming back at a crucial time.

Not the place for it but I've been thinking, if Kaboul came back showing the form of last season would it be worthwhile testing Vertonghen out as a DM? He can make a run, good tackler, keeps possession and in turn passes well. Why not? Better than the current Scott Parker and I don't really rate Livermore.

irishmover wrote: »
    I know. I just hope AVB knows how good he is to not want rid of him. He's coming back at a crucial time.

Not the place for it but I've been thinking, if Kaboul came back showing the form of last season would it be worthwhile testing Vertonghen out as a DM? He can make a run, good tackler, keeps possession and in turn passes well. Why not? Better than the current Scott Parker and I don't really rate Livermore.

In fairness lads, I can't see us seeing much of Kaboul between now and the end of the season. With only 11 league games left, he would need a few games to get his sharpness back again, and with the importance of every league game from here on in, it's not the time to ease fellas back in to it. I'd imagine he will play a couple of reserve games and maybe feature on the bench for us, but to think he will be back in the team by the end of the season is doubtful I would imagine.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    In fairness lads, I can't see us seeing much of Kaboul between now and the end of the season. With only 11 league games left, he would need a few games to get his sharpness back again, and with the importance of every league game from here on in, it's not the time to ease fellas back in to it. I'd imagine he will play a couple of reserve games and maybe feature on the bench for us, but to think he will be back in the team by the end of the season is doubtful I would imagine.

Yeh I see what you're saying. Could be another Parker in terms of performances due to march fitness.

Still would like to see if Verts could make a better impact as a DM player. Similar to what David Luiz has done for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hatch99 wrote: »

Possibly right, particularly as he is a big guy, but he is very athletic and some guys just bounce back quicker.

It also depends on the kind of injury, some injuries require a player to rest completely, whereas with others it is possible to do plenty of cardio without straining the injury at all. That's part of the reason Ledley was able to be out for weeks at a time and come back straight into a big game and be awesome. He used swimming for cardio without straining his knees.

Then again there is also the question of match fitness but again some players are just sharp on the uptake.

irishmover wrote: »

Still would like to see if Verts could make a better impact as a DM player. Similar to what David Luiz has done for Chelsea.

I'm not sure, I think Vert is a centre back, end of. He can fill in at left full, but isn't quick enough to play there, as we saw at home to Chelsea, he'll be our regular ch next season, with Caulker/Kaboul alongside him.

Kaboul might get a run at RB, I'd ease him back in there and give him a few games there during the run in. Squeaky-bum time. Cant have Walker (the loose cannon that he is) doing daft things in the last few games a jeopardizing everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"With Villas Boas I had a false start. While with HSV I just felt as though she really needed me... It was a club in need. And I wanted to help.

"During our first conversation (with AVB) he hinted that I had to fight for my place. That in itself is not a problem. I have enough confidence in my abilities. But until that time I was 'the guy' at The Spurs. The contrast with the way Villas-Boas saw it, it was just too big. The club had just bought Sigurdsson who had an advantage, the coach said himself.

"In the same period HSV knocked at the door again. Villas Boas came around shortly afterwards and changed his opinion of me, apparently it was not so smooth with Sigurdsson, but then I had already made ​​my choice. About the club I have no evil words, the atmosphere was great, we had a good team, there is a club being built." http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/van-der-vaart-says-he-left-tottenham-because-of-bad-start-with-vi?xg_source=shorten_twitter

Sounds like his ego got the better of him, didn't fancy the idea of a meritocracy.

We traded him in for a younger less injury prone model in Siggy who unfortunately hasn't produced the goods like VDV did. Hopefully he'll come good.

• Advertisement

We traded him in for a younger less injury prone model in Siggy who unfortunately hasn't produced the goods like VDV did. Hopefully he'll come good.

Holtby is more like VdV than Sigs..

Advertisement