Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Cheeky €10 bid for Rooney this summer from Levy?

If we get Rooney, we might get Messi.... according to the man himself!

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_19081_-.html#.UTh90hxdCSo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

this talk is cringe-worthy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I forget he's so young. I'd like to think should the unthinkable happen and we finish 3rd that he'd be the kind of talent we'd be talking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Only a couple of teams could afford Rooney and we aren't one. If he were to leave I reckon it'd be for PSG.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How about a sneaky bid for Dzeko? Always rated him quite highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

8.47 million EUR (2011)
    Edin Džeko, Salary

Hmm, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Christ it must be great to have a striker that given one chance ,99 per cent of the times will score. I know it's been said before about Defoe needing three or four chances to score but on Thursday night against Inter I felt it took the piss altogether. Drive the ball as hard as you can at the goals and hope it goes in. Given or good run lately we must be an attractive destination for this kind of striker. I know there a rare commodity but we have to get somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Loan watch: Townsend scored his first EPL goal, cracker.

(Jermaine Jenas scored too :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...on-for-higuain

Sound logic used above as to why we'd be after this guy and why he'd want to join us. Just hope he would be joining to compliment Bale and not as part of a swap. Makes way more sense than that nonsensical article by 'The Star' about Modric + £30m for Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Pirlo :confused:

He's a fantastic player, but he is quite old. I'd hope our own midfield has gelled by then, and he won't be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Hopefully it's a 10 day injury, meaning he'll be rested for the internationals and will be back fully fit for the Villa match!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

English national team seem to be pinning there hopes on Townsend, chap has played one game and suddenly he's their saviour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    English national team seem to be pinning there hopes on Townsend, chap has played one game and suddenly he's their saviour?

he is the only one with drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

A new 4 year contract for Townsend.

If he goes we'll need someone big lined up to replace him

• Advertisement

Maybe Benteke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Can see us doing some business with Man U for Chicarito. They will be buying a big striker in Jan for sure and he will need to be moved on. He'd be perfect for us. Think he would fit in to AVB's style well.

Might even get him with a lot of cash for Townsend if rumours are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

slegs wrote: »
    Can see us doing some business with Man U for Chicarito. They will be buying a big striker in Jan for sure and he will need to be moved on. He'd be perfect for us. Think he would fit in to AVB's style well.

Might even get him with a lot of cash for Townsend if rumours are to be believed.

Chicharito strikes me as being very similar to Soldado. A motivated Adebayor would be the perfect striker for us, but that ship has sailed I'd say.

AVB has said before he's going nowhere and why would Defoe want to leave for MLS in a World Cup year? He'd have more of a chance to go to the World Cup staying at Spurs even if he's only a bit part player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    AVB has said before he's going nowhere and why would Defoe want to leave for MLS in a World Cup year? He'd have more of a chance to go to the World Cup staying at Spurs even if he's only a bit part player.

AVB denying it means it's most likely true, he denied we had Lloris the night before it was announced, denied Bale was going all summer. Maybe Defoe sees the money.

AVB denying it means it's most likely true, he denied we had Lloris the night before it was announced, denied Bale was going all summer. Maybe Defoe sees the money.

If you watched Goals on Sunday with Townsend and Defoe on it, all he could do was talk about the World Cup. Defoe wouldn't strike me as the sort to want to move for the money. I just find it highly unlikely considering the year that it is. He knows it himself that a move too MLS is a guarantee for him of no World Cup.

Aaron Hunt out of contract with Werder Bremen in the summer. Would be another good signing to get on a cut price fee like Holtby.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Read elsewhere that Lescott is out of contract at the end of the season and free to talk to clubs abroad at the moment.

He'd certainly be an improvement on Dawson and he himself might be keen to make a late bid for a seat on the plane to Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Posted in the wrong thread by mistake so I'm now posting it here

SSN claim Mourinho has given Mata and Essien permission to leave, would really love for us to sign Mata.

Also, 2M is the figure being mentioned for Berbasulk, that's for nothing, I'd gladly bite my tongue and ask him back. He played his best football with us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As usual the problem there is the relationship (or lack of) between us and them. Obviously they wouldn't see us as a title threat anymore and maybe loaning us a player would strenghten our starting XI and help us take points off their other rivals.

Also, Mata might force the issue... End of season loan might suit him ahead of the world cup.

Clutching at straws really. Think its a bit of a non starter.

Advertisement