Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Whats the craic with JD? Is he off to Toronto already? Dempsey has just returned on loan to Fulham as the MLS doesn't start until March (I think). Strange move for him as he'd be going rusty without games, maybe they will loan him to another EPL team...

We're being linked with the big man Lacine Traore (Anzhi). He looked good when he came on againt us in the away leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Chelsea should loan us Mata for the rest of the season. That way he couldn't be used when we play them but he'd be practically guaranteed to help take points off the other top clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lescott on loan doing the rounds?

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Smart option I suppose, EPL experience and Kaboul & Vertz missing. His form has dropped considerably though, maybe a move will help him & us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Smart option I suppose, EPL experience and Kaboul & Vertz missing. His form has dropped considerably though, maybe a move will help him & us.

He was key for Everton, several players have fallen foul at City. Hard to believe Demichelis is ahead of him?

• Advertisement

He was key for Everton, several players have fallen foul at City. Hard to believe Demichelis is ahead of him?

True but he has had made some awful mistakes at City over the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As much as it hurt when he left if you could get Berba on the cheap would you give him a go?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

He could do a job at left back if Rose gets injured again.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it be nice to see a back 4 of;

Walker - Kaboul - Verts - Rose

And see them playing for a few consecutive weeks?!

Holtby didn't make the first team squad yesterday. Could be heading somewhere on loan. A lower EPL team such as Fulham would be good for him but more likely back to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Holtby didn't make the first team squad yesterday. Could be heading somewhere on loan. A lower EPL team such as Fulham would be good for him but more likely back to Germany.

If he is loaned out I hope its to another prem league side, more beneficial to see where he is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

But he's a dynamo ... a dynamo !!!!! A dynamic dynamo of dynamism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We have enough players still gelling. If we really do buy in January I hope its just one player of really high quality. Proven in the prem league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Read we've refused to let Carroll play for QPR in the cup this weekend, most likely returning

Lots of rumours doing the rounds on Twitter, that we've secured the loan of Lescott until the end of the season and are offloading Kaboul as we don't trust his injury problems and another that we've got Shane Long for 2m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lescott? give me a break.

Put in a bid for Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Holtby was injured as far as I know I know I read that somewhere yesterday.

From bookface

QPR have been refused permission to play Tom Carroll in their FA Cup tie versus premiership side Everton as Spurs do not want him cup tied, fueling rumours that England U21 star is set to be recalled by new Spurs boss Tim Sherwood. However Tottenham are allowing left back BAE to play in the tie which would suggest that the Cameroon international may not be recalled from his loan spell with the R's

• Advertisement

How has Carroll done for QPR? Why bring him back? We have plenty of midfield options and I don't see where he'd get a game ahead of anyone else, unless he'll be played in the Europa?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

From bookface

QPR have been refused permission to play Tom Carroll in their FA Cup tie versus premiership side Everton as Spurs do not want him cup tied, fueling rumours that England U21 star is set to be recalled by new Spurs boss Tim Sherwood. However Tottenham are allowing left back BAE to play in the tie which would suggest that the Cameroon international may not be recalled from his loan spell with the R's

There's a bit of presumption that we'll beat Arsenal on Sunday then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lescott? give me a break.

Put in a bid for Mata.

But Mata would be rubbish at center back :D

But seriously, do you not think Lescott would be a decent option - especially on a loan deal.

I'd have serious reservation about the long term availability of Kaboul.
    Vertoghen and Vlad might the way forward but we need more backup then Dawson

I can't see Mata being bought.

Firstly Chelsea won't sell to us. Secondly where would he fit in to Sherwood's 4-4-2? I know he's a fantastic player, I just can't see him being on Sherwood's list.

Honestly, if we got a reserve striker and a left back/centre back cover on loan I'd be happy.

Morata from Real Madrid on loan and Lescott on loan.

No need for panic buys. Let the team that is there settle, we're more than good enough to challenge for 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Honestly, if we got a reserve striker and a left back/centre back cover on loan I'd be happy.

Morata from Real Madrid on loan and Lescott on loan.

No need for panic buys. Let the team that is there settle, we're more than good enough to challenge for 4th.

I agree, although I'd probably go for a permanent signing at left back.

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree, although I'd probably go for a permanent signing at left back.

With the uncertainty surrounding the manager it's probably not a good idea to commit to buying players in January when a new manager might be in charge in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

With the uncertainty surrounding the manager it's probably not a good idea to commit to buying players in January when a new manager might be in charge in a few months time.

I don't think that would stop us, it appears that the manager isn't the main voice in choosing signings at Spurs anyway.

What may stop us is that there are no suitable left backs available at the right price.

Lescott on loan makes a lot of sense. Not a great player but decent cover for two weak positions.

SuprSi wrote: »
    How has Carroll done for QPR? Why bring him back? We have plenty of midfield options and I don't see where he'd get a game ahead of anyone else, unless he'll be played in the Europa?

Maybe Holtby is on the way out, who knows

• Advertisement

Heard yesterday that we're going to sign Buttner from United and they'll be doing a deal for Coentrao. Fryers will be pi$$ed off if that happens as he's one of the reasons he wanted to leave United.

If Defoe is gone surely he is being replaced? I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll came back into the fold and Holtby was loaned out..

Advertisement