Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Football players who can't get in the team wanting to leave?

Stop the press, whatever next?

Just under £50m pound worth of players (not including wages) fed up at the club, 3 of which after half a season and one after 1 year and you don't think that's an issue? K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Football players who can't get in the team wanting to leave?

Stop the press, whatever next?

Great investment those lads;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Just under £50m pound worth of players (not including wages) fed up at the club, 3 of which after half a season and one after 1 year and you don't think that's an issue? K.

Rumours in the press for starters. Some true no doubt, but still only rumours.

And your £50m is mainly a 21 year old Argentine who is taking time to settle and whose family and the club are quoted as saying he's staying. Also no quotes from the player to the contrary.

Don't get me wrong, stranger things have happened than a player leaving in those circumstances, but it appears he's staying. There isn't even any evidence that he's unhappy, albeit any footballer not in the starting line up isn't thrilled.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is the speculation now that he's going permanently rather than the earlier speculation that it would be a loan move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Rumours we're trying to sign Wesley Sneijder as he wants out of Galatasaray

• Advertisement

I think Holtby is going to turn out to be a loss to us in the long run. Was a serious player in the Bundesliga before and I reckon he's going to play a storm for Schalke once he's back in Germany. Maybe he just wasn't suited to England dunno.

Best of luck to him.

You might be right. Nice player, great attitude. Could turn out to be quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Couldn't give a bollócks about Chadli wanting to leave, why was he bought in the first place? Would like to hold onto Holtby, so if it's a loan then fine. Rather see him being given time at another Premiership side though, does he really believe that he'll be selected for the German national side? Can't find any substance regarding the Capoue rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Robbie left liverpool after 6 months..bought him for £20m.
    Holtby i feel if he goes will be a bit like KPB and Paul Pogba and Rossi.....
    ie, mistakes to let go, or maybe just not suited.

Rumours in the press for starters. Some true no doubt, but still only rumours.

And your £50m is mainly a 21 year old Argentine who is taking time to settle and whose family and the club are quoted as saying he's staying. Also no quotes from the player to the contrary.

Don't get me wrong, stranger things have happened than a player leaving in those circumstances, but it appears he's staying. There isn't even any evidence that he's unhappy, albeit any footballer not in the starting line up isn't thrilled.

My point is. Our Technical Director, Franco Baldini, has signed a bunch of players and already we've got four of which rumoured to be wanting to leave after a short stay. What player has ever said they want to leave a club to the public? Being silent on the matter doesn't mean they don't want to leave! Why wouldn't all of those players want to leave anyway? What is going on currently with the club is an embrassasmemt.

All that will happen is, these players leave and are replaced with more rubbish who don't want to play for the club.

If we sell Lamela in either this window or the summer window Baldini should be removed from his position. £30m was a big enough fee to pay for him but to only have him at the club for a short period of time and then let him go for what can only be a loss is stupid.

He'll be an example to all young foreign players to stay well clear of Tottenham.

I'm sure those players who want leave wouldn't be saying jack if they were playing on a regular basis, world cup fever has them in meltdown.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/16/nacer-chadli-ready-to-stay-and-fight-for-spurs-future-4264993/?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Something has to give though, players like Holtby, Siggy, Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend all need game time, some aren't getting game time even with all the injuries we have. We have to keep Eriksen and Lamela, I'm not sure about Holtby, there is a good footballer there but he isn't consistent, he may reach that level. I think Siggy would be happy being back up provided he saw some action initially at least.

irishmover wrote: »
    My point is. Our Technical Director, Franco Baldini, has signed a bunch of players and already we've got four of which rumoured to be wanting to leave after a short stay. What player has ever said they want to leave a club to the public? Being silent on the matter doesn't mean they don't want to leave! Why wouldn't all of those players want to leave anyway? What is going on currently with the club is an embrassasmemt.

All that will happen is, these players leave and are replaced with more rubbish who don't want to play for the club.

If we sell Lamela in either this window or the summer window Baldini should be removed from his position. £30m was a big enough fee to pay for him but to only have him at the club for a short period of time and then let him go for what can only be a loss is stupid.

He'll be an example to all young foreign players to stay well clear of Tottenham.

Being silent on the matter doesn't mean they don't wanna leave but it sure as hell doesn't mean they do wanna leave.

Nothing has happened yet. Stay calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

GS11 wrote: »
    Something has to give though, players like Holtby, Siggy, Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend all need game time, some aren't getting game time even with all the injuries we have. We have to keep Eriksen and Lamela, I'm not sure about Holtby, there is a good footballer there but he isn't consistent, he may reach that level. I think Siggy would be happy being back up provided he saw some action initially at least.

Townsend was playing with the u 21s the other day against Newcastle so he's going to be match fit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Chadli posted the following on his Instagram account:

I love Tottenham and I never say I wanted to leave the club so everything written in the media is all bull**** COYS

Haha, legend! Yid.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

now we love you Chadli :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I love Tottenham and I never say I wanted to leave the club so everything written in the media is all bull**** COYS

Haha, legend! Yid.
    There ya go.:)

Haha, legend! Yid.

Maybe Baldini hacked into his Instagram account.

Let's burn him at the stake just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Be careful there Ormus, doesn't take too much to start a big fire in Tottenham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sky Italia say Spurs have agreed a fee with Napoli for the sale of Etienne Capoue which is believed to be under the £9m they bought him for.

You get lucky with Chadli and you go all high and mighty!... Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sky Italia say Spurs have agreed a fee with Napoli for the sale of Etienne Capoue which is believed to be under the £9m they bought him for.

Thought capoue was our best performing new player !

mickman wrote: »
    Thought capoue was our best performing new player !

Even with the injuries he had. Depends on where you read whether he's going or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Solomon kalou ... :confused:

Solomon kalou ... :confused:

Was hoping nobody would stay it so I could pretend it wasn't real...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Would sum up our board and management team if they let this happen ... very good footballer that can cover a couple of different positions.
    I wouldn't trust gooner Tim to be making any footballing decisions of players coming in or out .. we should be keeping all players and let the new manager decide who he wants in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Capoue is the type of player that gets on the ball and you know is a class act. Could see it straight away in his first match. Would be shocking to let him go.

I don't believe a word of it and neither should you. The source is sky italia ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote: »

So him and baldini have discussed which players aren't part of their plans yet avb said baldini pretty much bought them all. This is laughable

• Advertisement

It does sound like a total cóck up. Capoue quotes were at least positive. Looks like Baldini can do whatever the fudge he wants.

Advertisement