Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

"As long as they’re the right players and the ones that I don’t want to take us forwards then I’m happy."

I don't like that quote. It's not very diplomatic. He's putting a seed of doubt in players minds. Instead of saying something positive like, "there's some players I'm starting to get to know better since I took the job", he's basically said I don't like a few of the players and I couldn't care less if they leave.

If I heard that and saw the manager play an unproven 19 year old ahead of me, I'd want out. If Tim Sherwood had of been more diplomatic about it maybe Capoue would want to fight for his place. I hope Sherwood doesn't continue to isolate players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I thought the whole point of having a DOF was that the players were bought for the team and not specifically for the manager? If Baldini has brought players in that are of no use to Sherwood, he should walk. What happens in the summer if we get a new manager again? Will we buy Capoue back from whomever we sold him to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm not impressed with those comments from Tim,whatever he says we still need a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

They all have to say we are buying no one. Its all part of the game. Doesn't mean squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Defoe: "I'm happy to be in America."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Defoe: "I'm happy to be in America."
    Did he really?? :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He ain't wrong, Canada is part of North America...just not part of the USA :P

Say that to a Canadian next time you meet one:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yes, but that's like saying we are in the British Isles, can open, worms everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Yes, but that's like saying we are in the British Isles, can open, worms everywhere

To me its as good as when musicians go to the O2 and say Dublins their favourite city in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

To me its as good as when musicians go to the O2 and say Dublins their favourite city in the UK

Or have Australians say to me everyday something along the lines of "must be cold today back in the UK"

I like to correct them every chance I get. Girlfriend on the other hand just accepts it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Or, is it actually like saying "I'm happy to be in Europe", when we're in Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Or, is it actually like saying "I'm happy to be in Europe", when we're in Ireland ;)

Well when people say America it's synonymous with the US where Europe isn't the same.

Well when people say America it's synonymous with the US where Europe isn't the same.

Unless you're from South America, or North America :cool:

Unless you're from South America, or North America :cool:

Give it up would ya, it's like signing for Cardiff and saying I've always wanted to play for an English club.

Give it up would ya, it's like signing for Cardiff and saying I've always wanted to play for an English club.

I won't so long as poor comparisons are being made but you are absolutely free to ignore me if it bothers you. England (much like the british isles) is/are not a Continent, the Americas are, that's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Any gossip?

leonards wrote: »
    Any gossip?

I'm having a medical in the morning.

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm having a medical in the morning.

Not really gossip.... But hope it goes well for you... :)

leonards wrote: »
    Not really gossip.... But hope it goes well for you... :)

Medical in London?

• Advertisement

Medical in London?

Ahhh I see said the blind man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Medical in London?

WHL?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    WHL?

Nah Enfield :P

Louis Van Gaal has admitted he was approached by Tottenham Hotspur to become their manager.

“I want to work in the Premier League, I haven’t worked there, I want to coach in England,” the Dutchman told Sky Sports News.

“Everybody knows I had talks with Tottenham. I don`t have to admit that.

“I refused the job. I don’t do duel jobs, national teams and club.

“I hope to have an opportunity in the future with a Premier League team.

“I will retire after the World Cup in the summer unless I get a opportunity from a Premier League team, then I will consider it.”

Louis Van Gaal has admitted he was approached by Tottenham Hotspur to become their manager.

Means there's even less chance if him ever managing us when he's disclosing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Id be happy with him. White heart loon has a good point though, trying to pimp himself for utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

After his £13 m move to Santos, I wonder if Leandro Damiao is happy to be staying in America (well ok, South America).

Caught Offside are claiming Aston Villa are ready to accept Cash+Player for Christian Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

How about Soldado? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Caught Offside are claiming Aston Villa are ready to accept Cash+Player for Christian Benteke.

Well we dont have any strikers to offer them, unless they'd be interested in a loan deal from Lamela, Holtby or Capoue

Advertisement