Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I'd love to give them Holtby or Lamela on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Both would be brilliant - EPL experience near the bottom of the table, it'd really be sink or swim for the two of them, especially Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd love to give them Holtby or Lamela on loan

Yeah it would be a great loan for Holtby considering he's down the pecking order at the minute. In saying all that, we'll need plenty of options if we want to get to the latter stages of the EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Berbatov rumour - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10584102/Tottenham-Hotspur-weigh-up-cut-price-1.5m-deal-for-Fulham-striker-Dimitar-Berbatov.html

This for me would be the perfect signing, like him or not he's a class act. He can hold the ball and his link up play is exquisite. Would give the club a huge lift, I don't see any disadvantages in signing him. Plus I've a few Berbatov jersey's that need wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Glebee

ruiseal wrote: »
    After his £13 m move to Santos, I wonder if Leandro Damiao is happy to be staying in America (well ok, South America).

Id be disapointed if we were not linked to him again at this stage.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Berbatov rumour - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10584102/Tottenham-Hotspur-weigh-up-cut-price-1.5m-deal-for-Fulham-striker-Dimitar-Berbatov.html

This for me would be the perfect signing, like him or not he's a class act. He can hold the ball and his link up play is exquisite. Would give the club a huge lift, I don't see any disadvantages in signing him. Plus I've a few Berbatov jersey's that need wearing.

While I would agree we could do with the extra fire power up front but the idea of Levy buying someone despite what the manager says/wants is what has gotten us into the bother we are in since last summer(recent run of results not included). I think TS is wrong but I think Levy should listen to his manager and if he says no then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I wouldn't be in a rush to let Lamela out on loan. He has to settle in to our team.

Sure it could be worse, he could be Stefan Jovetic, he only has 3 league appearances for City. My point being, it takes players time to settle. The injuries he's had haven't helped that. I look forward to Lamela becoming a fan's favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Bernard possibly on loan from Shaktar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Please don't tell me anyone here believes what caught offside says,that site is the worst of the worst.

tippspur wrote: »
    Please don't tell me anyone here believes what caught offside says,that site is the worst of the worst.

Or any site which says there's a cash+player deal happening!

Can anyone remember the last time a cash plus player has happened in the Premier League? (I'm serious interested to know who it was).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    Or any site which says there's a cash+player deal happening!

Can anyone remember the last time a cash plus player has happened in the Premier League? (I'm serious interested to know who it was).

Robbie Keane, back to spurs :pac:

Robbie Keane, back to spurs :pac:

Just said that to my dad. He was in knots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just read a piece on Harry Hotspur page "TIM TELLS ALL" and one sentence stood out.

"Spurs fans who don’t want Berbatov back, are like punters who would prefer their hooker …to be a virgin"

Sorry but I am too tech-stupid to paste the link. Or maybe just too lazy.

I know I would take Dirty Dimitar back,

That's a pretty funny quote, he's a super low risk signing in my opinion. Instant quality who'll hit the ground running, huge lift to fans and players alike. Would make a huge impact in the fight for fourth.

White Heart Lane would be rocking with him back. I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want him back in the side? We got a sizeable fee from Utd, it's not like he went for free or to arsenal.

Not that I'd complain about him coming back and all but I'd have to wonder the reaction we'd see from Adebayor. Whether we could have two sulks at the club who play the same position is something I'm not so sure about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He'd be a good tool to use in our fight, might even get soldado ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He did refuse to play though right? That's pretty despicable if true.

It's an amazing quote though, that being said if he scored a dozen goals and got us over the line I'd have his babies

I honestly think he'd be a great signing but I cant see it.

Sure we'll all chip in a few quid and buy him back so. Seriously though if someone else nips in, I'll be very cross.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sure we'll all chip in a few quid and buy him back so. Seriously though if someone else nips in, I'll be very cross.

Someone else being Arsenal??

Someone else being Arsenal??

That's a sickening thought, he looks so graceful in white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

ziedth wrote: »
    He did refuse to play though right? That's pretty despicable if true.

It's an amazing quote though, that being said if he scored a dozen goals and got us over the line I'd have his babies

I honestly think he'd be a great signing but I cant see it.

No different to Keane, Modric and Bale, and there will be more. We need to get over this, it happens, we take the best players from Clubs below us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Not that I'd complain about him coming back and all but I'd have to wonder the reaction we'd see from Adebayor. Whether we could have two sulks at the club who play the same position is something I'm not so sure about.

Ade is getting paid well enough to do his job regardless who the club buy.
    Can we trust Ade to play well til end of season if we don't sign someone else? Be nice to have back-up in case of injury, lack of form, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Adebarndoor and berbasulk. We'd have the hardest working front pair in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Whether it will last the rest of the season or not, Ade has been putting in a massive effort in every game - he's all over the pitch and as has been mentioned is playing like when he was originally on loan with us. He's absolutely brilliant in this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

How strong are these rumours about Berba???
    I for one would be delighted with him.
    Hits the ground running,( well strolling), no need to "adapt" etc...
    No brainer for me..
    Go get him Timmy.!

ITK gossip for us to speculate over...
    Ok as it stands we are looking to move on Holtby, Capoue if Napoli pay what we want, Chadli will most likely stay no firm interest.
    A lot of senior players not happy as Atlanta said, guess by today's press conference you can see why.
    If Tim stays in summer Baldini goes, very different views, Lamela is fit hence no urgent search for a striker but they are looking.
    Incomings on Radar English number 2 keeper, old English LB and CH, though this may change if Baldini can influence matters.
    We need more over 21 home grown players.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

ITK gossip for us to speculate over...

Why are senior players not happy?

Why are senior players not happy?

It's quite vague, but this is all I have...
    Just a little info
    As I said before AVB got the boot things at WHL are not good.
    Things are not getting any better we have a number of senior players that are not happy we the way things are shaping up at the club.

I'm having a medical in the morning.

Medical went well lads. Just have an issue with the contract. Was offered £80,000 a week holding out for £80,001. Levy as usual not budging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Medical went well lads. Just have an issue with the contract. Was offered £80,000 a week holding out for £80,001. Levy as usual not budging.

Should try heading over to Chelsea to see if they will give you the contract you want.... They are known to take players who have just passed a spurs medical...

Advertisement