Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Abdisalam Ibrahim released by Man City.

Wonder if we'll try grab him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Oh well.. From the sounds of it probably would have been a waste anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ITK from Spurs Community re: Berbatov
    Is on the Radar more than 50/50 if we want him deal to be done, they may take one of ours on loan.

Not nearly done but he wants it, Fulham will sell, it comes down to us as usual we are playing games.

I've actually seen an article separate to this which suggested Siggy going the other way. I wondered why would Siggy be bothered going the other way permanently?! Though a loan deal does seem plausible.

Other plausible candidates are Holtby and Capoue.

Would it be too much if we offered both Holtby and Capoue on loan. I'd like to see both being given an extended run in the Premier League. Both could remain in London, be recalled at any time if we are short, prove themselves in the Premier League and try play themselves in to their respective World Cup squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

ITK from Spurs Community re: Berbatov

I've actually seen an article separate to this which suggested Siggy going the other way. I wondered why would Siggy be bothered going the other way permanently?! Though a loan deal does seem plausible.

Other plausible candidates are Holtby and Capoue.

Would it be too much if we offered both Holtby and Capoue on loan. I'd like to see both being given an extended run in the Premier League. Both could remain in London, be recalled at any time if we are short, prove themselves in the Premier League and try play themselves in to their respective World Cup squads.
    Exactly.... we need to loan players to the EPL ONLY!!! Walker,Rose, Caulker,(Kaboul ;)),only way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wouldn't touch Berbatov to be honest, can't understand why we would want him. He might get a couple of goals between now and the end of the season, but sure we have Adebayor, Soldado and Defoe for a few months. In some games, we will only play 1 striker so I don't see the need for him. Also, we'd be left with him for next season on big wages and playing very little, no thanks. If we are going to buy a striker, buy someone who has yet to reach peak years and will improve us, will Berbatov improve us, not for me. I'd rather see Lamela played ahead of Berbatov.

As for the loans, I wouldn't let both Holtby and Capoue leave, one only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch Berbatov to be honest, can't understand why we would want him. He might get a couple of goals between now and the end of the season, but sure we have Adebayor, Soldado and Defoe for a few months. In some games, we will only play 1 striker so I don't see the need for him. Also, we'd be left with him for next season on big wages and playing very little, no thanks. If we are going to buy a striker, buy someone who has yet to reach peak years and will improve us, will Berbatov improve us, not for me. I'd rather see Lamela played ahead of Berbatov.

As for the loans, I wouldn't let both Holtby and Capoue leave, one only.

Defoe is gone in 4 weeks. We need a replacement who well hit the ground running, ready to bang them in, with Pl experience. We can't trust Ade to keep form to the end of the season and Soldados not found form. Berbasulk, although it kills me to say it, at that money is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Get Benteke in!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Get Benteke in!

....but he's not scoring and would be quite expensive, we already have a non-scoring expensive striker :confused:

....but he's not scoring and would be quite expensive, we already have a non-scoring expensive striker :confused:

Yes, another mercenary, stopped scoring shortly after signing a new contract

• Advertisement

Yeh wouldn't really like to sign Benteke as he could be another Soldado.

Dunno why we're not chasing Cristian Tello along with Liverpool and Arsenal. Afterall we do steal all Liverpools transfer targets.

I think we do need someone in for the remaining few months of the season. I'd be happy enough with Berbatov as both Soldado and Lamela don't look like stepping up yet.

They could both do with a kick up the arse to be honest.

Yes, another mercenary, stopped scoring shortly after signing a new contract

Head was turned, signed a new contract so Villa would get maximum value when he goes. Bags of quality. 95% of footballers are mercenaries.

Head was turned, signed a new contract so Villa would get maximum value when he goes. Bags of quality. 95% of footballers are mercenaries.

Agree, bags of quality and still has his best years ahead of him, although we probably wouldn't get him in Jan.

Defoe is gone in 4 weeks. We need a replacement who well hit the ground running, ready to bang them in, with Pl experience. We can't trust Ade to keep form to the end of the season and Soldados not found form. Berbasulk, although it kills me to say it, at that money is a no brainer.

a replacement for the bench you mean, if your bringing someone in you want them to walk straight in to the team, berba wouldn't he'd be 3rd choice.

a replacement for the bench you mean, if your bringing someone in you want them to walk straight in to the team, berba wouldn't he'd be 3rd choice.

Nonsense, you need three strikers capable of rotating and all capable of scoring. He could easily be first choice if Ade drops form or Soldado doesn't find some.

Salah off to Chelsea, would have been a good signing, any chance we could sign him up after his medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Salah off to Chelsea, would have been a good signing, any chance we could sign him up after his medical?

Chelsea at it again, pinching other clubs targets. Like they really need him?

Where the fock is he gonna play?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

In willians position, that guy needs a bit of a break :P

Bench.

• Advertisement

Gee can't wait to play these again!

Ardent wrote: »
    Cannot fathom why Salah would go to Chelsea. Mata couldn't even get a game!

Also getting sick of Chelsea and Spurs poaching the players we are after. Impossible to add to the add to team with these vultures!

Just popped over to Liverpools thread to see what they made of Salah and as expected Spurs are being blamed for stealing Liverpool targets again.

It's gotten old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

He's anti-Semitic, so I'm not sure he would have lasted long.

irishmover wrote: »
    Just popped over to Liverpools thread to see what they made of Salah and as expected Spurs are being blamed for stealing Liverpool targets again.

It's gotten old now!

It is mad how short a memory some people seem to have all right. Not them all, just the most vocal idiots.

Out on loan I'd say, snap him up before somebody else did.

Nonsense, you need three strikers capable of rotating and all capable of scoring. He could easily be first choice if Ade drops form or Soldado doesn't find some.

Fair enough let's pin our hopes on a lazy 30 something has been

Fair enough let's pin our hopes on a lazy 30 something has been

For pennies, would you prefer pay 30m for another mercenary

For pennies, would you prefer pay 30m for another mercenary
    Pennies?? No I'd rather not sign anyone unless they improve on what we have

Pennies?? No I'd rather not sign anyone unless they improve on what we have

We're losing Defoe who is always good for a few goals, who have we already got that we can trust to replace those missing goals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We're losing Defoe who is always good for a few goals, who have we already got that we can trust to replace those missing goals?

That's a point ya know. I'm a real believer in the moneyball approach to sport. We sold Defoe's 6ish goals that he'd probably grab us between Feb and May. We should replace that and like it or not Berba is a cheap and almost guaranteed player that could do it.

Advertisement