Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We're losing Defoe who is always good for a few goals, who have we already got that we can trust to replace those missing goals?

We spent nearly 60 million on 2 lads who should be able to replace whatever defoe can do. Spending a couple of million on a lazy fcuker like berbatov on sizeable wages at his age ain't for me.... cool the jets man, opinions are permitted to all !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch Berbatov to be honest, can't understand why we would want him. He might get a couple of goals between now and the end of the season, but sure we have Adebayor, Soldado and Defoe for a few months. In some games, we will only play 1 striker so I don't see the need for him. Also, we'd be left with him for next season on big wages and playing very little, no thanks. If we are going to buy a striker, buy someone who has yet to reach peak years and will improve us, will Berbatov improve us, not for me. I'd rather see Lamela played ahead of Berbatov.

As for the loans, I wouldn't let both Holtby and Capoue leave, one only.

I see you have looked into your crystal ball and decided how the Berbatov situation would go if we bought him, not biased at all!

Maybe, just maybe he would score loads of goals. Its a possibility with his skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We spent nearly 60 million on 2 lads who should be able to replace whatever defoe can do. Spending a couple of million on a lazy fcuker like berbatov on sizeable wages at his age ain't for me.... cool the jets man, opinions are permitted to all !

But unfortunately at the moment I wouldn't trust either to score 6 goals between them before the end of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Maybe it was a mistake to bring in talents from other leagues and expect them all to perform in the PL right away. We should be looking closer to home and picking only the bargains from other leagues. I honestly don't think Levy will buy Berbs, it'll be more like him to buy a few home grown players as we need some now. But if he does surprise us and buy him, I'd be happy, although it kills me to back down and have him back, he is a serious talent

Mail and metro have it that Baldidi is in Italy and that we have a 15m deal done with Juventus on 19yo Domenico Berardi with Capoue going the other way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They'll all be at it this week :D vertongen is in Florence btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

why are we getting rid of capoue? when he's been on the field he has been one of our best newbies, I don't understand why he hasn't been utilised since he came back from injury and I'll be pretty pissed off if he's sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Will be gutted if Capoue leaves. Looked quality in MF. Not an EPL center back but had the makings of becoming a big fan favorite.

Will be gutted if Capoue leaves. Looked quality in MF. Not an EPL center back but had the makings of becoming a big fan favorite.

Ya he looked decent in midfield but the problem is how do we give game time to all the midfielders we now have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya he looked decent in midfield but the problem is how do we give game time to all the midfielders we now have?

The question then has to be asked why we spent nearly £10m on him in the first place!

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    The question then has to be asked why we spent nearly £10m on him in the first place!

AVB had intended to play 2-7-1. Obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

whats this Berardi like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Who's Berardi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If the rumors are true regarding Capoue? Then the club have really let down that player, were always harping on about players shooting off etc...

Buy cheap sell high.

Gomes posted on Instagram that he's off to Eindhoven, delighted he's found a club, deserved better than us letting him rot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Didnt we buy him from PSV??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good for him. Hope it works out for him

Lloris said he'll be 'reassessing things in the summer' if spurs don't achieve top 4 this season.

This guy is someone we do not want to lose. Ever.

• Advertisement

Holtby's girlfriend has moved to london, that would suggest he's staying. Gotta love the transfer window speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    Lloris said he'll be 'reassessing things in the summer' if spurs don't achieve top 4 this season.

This guy is someone we do not want to lose. Ever.

He deserves to be playing Champions League football.

He deserves to be playing Champions League football.

So you'd be happy to see him move on in the summer if we don't get CL?

I bloody wouldn't! Will make it even harder next season with a new keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I don't think anybody would like to see him move, but the reality is he signed for us with the hope of playing in the CL. He is a CL class keeper, so will eventually want to be back playing in it one way or another. The same can be said of Verts and a few others, we need to be getting top 4 to keep these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Of course I wouldn't be happy, but he deserves to be playing CL.

Yeh my point was losing these players makes it that much harder to secure top 4. Hopefully it doesn't come to that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Losing Lloris is probably the worst thing that could happen to us. He's been our best signing in years, and it would definitely knock us back a bit. I can understand though, if he asked for a move if we don't get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I don't think anybody would like to see him move, but the reality is he signed for us with the hope of playing in the CL. He is a CL class keeper, so will eventually want to be back playing in it one way or another. The same can be said of Verts and a few others, we need to be getting top 4 to keep these players.
    But it's up to them players to get Champions League,they're the ones out on the pitch,no one else can do it for them,if they do there stuff then none of them will have to reassess anything at the end of the season:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    But it's up to them players to get Champions League,they're the ones out on the pitch,no one else can do it for them,if they do there stuff then none of them will have to reassess anything at the end of the season:confused:

This is also true, but as we all know football players are not loyal and will not accept any blame on their own part and instead probably blame the club for not achieving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gomes posted on Instagram that he's off to Eindhoven, delighted he's found a club, deserved better than us letting him rot

Us letting him rot ??? He has had chances to leave but wouldn't so no sympathy for him.

Advertisement