Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours a week do you play games?

Options
  • 28-04-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

No doubt there's been many a thread done on this but taught I'd start a new one anyway. Just wondering how many hours per week you'd spend playing games? Wether it be the xbox, playstation pc whatever.

I'm unemployed at the moment so spend a lot more time than I should, the last week gone I spent about 40 hours on the xbox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

168 hours a week. A healthy amount, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd say anywhere from 20-40 hours per week, sometimes more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

20hrs I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No doubt there's been many a thread done on this but taught I'd start a new one anyway.
    There was, so why start a new one ?

Previous thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75328606

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrShine

When I lived with my parents and only worked 3 days a week, 20+ hours. Now that I have my own place and work 5 or 6 days, depending on the week, 2-4 hours. God, I hate being a "grown up".

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not enough. When I pay, I could play all weekend or late into weeknights until the game's finished then not play another game for weeks or months.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Do any of you's ever feel guilty for spending so many hours playing games do you ever think jesus I should probably be doing something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I've got old, about 5hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No. Why feel guilty doing something you enjoy as a hobby.
    As long as you maintain a social and somewhat healthy(active) lifestyle alongside it there isn't a reason to feel guilty.

If you were sat there gaining 10lbs a month, becoming less and less social, not going into work, or neglecting your wife/kids , well then you probably have issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I've been asked once or twice by people (women) why do I still play games at my age, "it's such a waste of time" etc.
    To which I reply "when you stop spending up to 8 hours a day on Facebook or watching utter brainrot on the tv then maybe I'll listen to you, until then.. shush."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Around an Hour a week at the moment if I'm lucky, it used to be around 10 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Eh, around 40 hours in a fairly average week, a fair bit of it is minesweeper or pokemon on the bus, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd guess about 10-15 hours a week on average. Can be a lot more or I can go the whole week without using my PS3 for anything more than DVDs or Blu-Rays.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not a lot at all anymore unfortunately. I had a 5 hour session of Dayz the weekend before last and that was the longest I've done in one session for a very long time.

Another one who fell victim to the whole growing up/work thing.

I do however spend a considerable amount of time every week either buying old games and consoles, or looking up potential things I want to get.

Advertisement