Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a better or worse person when you're drunk?

• 28-04-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Was tippin' home last night, when I came across a couple of lads who had obviously been playing petrol bingo. They had run out of juice about a hundred yards from home.One was half-in half-out of the car, trying to steer while the other lad was pushing.

I downed tools (6 cans:pac:) and gave them a hand pushing the car home.

I woke up this morning and it got me wondering. Had I not have had a couple of ales on board, would I have bothered stopping to lend a hand?

I'd like to think I would have, but honestly, I couldn't be sure.

So AHers, as the thread title asks, are you a better or worse person when you're drunk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

never ever help a distressed woman and a car stand there and record it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

I get very generous when I'm drunk and start buying people drinks, giving away my cigs like they were sweets and compliment everyone on anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

youre drunk after 2 beers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I'm lovely and a great conservationist when drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

im too nice when im drinking, buying people shots etc and going out of my way to sort someones problem (aka a broken nail or a fake eye lash falling off :L) i could also talk for ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I downed tools (6 cans:pac:) and gave them a hand pushing the car home.

You downed 6 cans, as in necked them one after another?

Just as well you were coming from Tesco with the weeks shopping, imagine the dump you'd have to be taking around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I'm not very pleasant company, worse when I'm drunk :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

no, not really. One or two is enough after that it's car crash time. Not so bad if I have a smoke though I prefer mellow to loud and noisy which is how I get when I'm drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

nah, i am much nicer sober.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Depends on how drunk I am. But tbh if they asked me for help and I was hammered I would probably lean against the car, get sick, fall over and pass out on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i'm better up to a point, then things go downhill. . .we don't go to that point anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

Will always help those in need when I'm drunk doesn't matter who they are.
    Guilty of looking for a bit of divilment when I'm drunk though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

44leto wrote: »
    I'm lovely and a great conservationist when drunk.

Save the Whales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Are you a better or worse person when you're drunk?

Cant remember ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ya see the shy people can put on a big ol smile and say Oh hai! much easier with drink on but its the ones who can already do that no bother (erm I mean slightly arrogant) while sober that have to up their game to douchebag when drunk.

Everyone goes up one level, if someones a minor bitch sober yeah major bitch drunk because they don't care what others think as much.

So drink only makes you a better or worse person depending on whats already in there, drink just brings it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

IM0 wrote: »
    youre drunk after 2 beers :confused:

Yup. The 13th and 14th.:pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

iv a split personality with drink. I can either be aggressive and rowdy or just the complete opposite where im friendly and talkative, basically just wear the owl heart on the sleave with drink.

i dont drink much mainly due to this, once every month or two would do me.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I'm very good looking when I'm drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I have this problem too, I think everyone is good looking when I'm drunk. for shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

theteal wrote: »
    i'm better up to a point, then things go downhill. . .we don't go to that point anymore

Probably the case with most people id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

iv a split personality with drink. I can either be aggressive and rowdy or just the complete opposite where im friendly and talkative, basically just wear the owl heart on the sleave with drink.

i dont drink much mainly due to this, once every month or two would do me.:D

Likewise. It depends on my mood. If I'm in good form, I'll yap to anyone and have great craic. I get horny as fook too! :pac: But if I'm in bad form, I'd pick up the nearest stool and smash it over someone I didn't like. Hence the reason I don't go out any more. From time to time I'll have a few cans in front of the TV with herself instead now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm just more annoying but I get on really well with strangers who are also drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Depends how much I've drank. If I'm a bit tipsy or on my way to being properly drunk, I think I'm pretty good company. Once I get to sh*tfaced, I become a complete dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

A better person! I start telling everyone how great they are and start hugging everyone I see( don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for the people I'm hugging though!:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I leave a trail of distruction when I'm drunk texts emails messages :o

can be kinda embarrassing but hey

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Much more talkative and friendly, it opens me up a lot. I'm naturally a bit introverted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I'm probably a better person when drunk, I don't really remember tbh. From my own experiences of being drunk, I find it hard to see how people are violent/aggressive after a few drinks.

My friends have told me to that I always "try to save the world" when I'm drunk. I'm a pretty nice drunk. I laugh even more than usual which is always good and I talk alot to strangers which is mostly good :D

• Advertisement

no change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm George Clooney and I love you all.

...goes to fridge for more beer

3rdDegree wrote: »

Yes you are sir. YES you are!

*stumbles*

In fact, we're a brace of big rides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

My boss doesn't drink. I asked him why one time, and he said he didn't like the person he would become.

I'd hate to be like that.

I'm probably a nicer person when drunk, someone who believes that most of the problems in the world can be solved by 'taking it to the hug'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah, sober me doesn't really drink a lot, is quiet enough and is, on principle, against drugs

Drunk me is the opposite of that.

bluewolf wrote: »
    no change

There's a 17% chance with a variance +/- of 2%, of me being either better or worse, so statistically, it's pretty much a push.

Fcuking actuaries.:pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Birneybau wrote: »
    Save the Whales!

It was actually intended, which is unusual for me, as typos from the spell check are second nature to me.

My friends have told me to that I always "try to save the world" when I'm drunk. I'm a pretty nice drunk. I laugh even more than usual which is always good and I talk alot to strangers which is mostly good :D

Choco's brother to drunk Choco: " Ah Jaysus Choco, would you ever stop trying to cover the world in leather and just put on a pair of shoes?":pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

When drunk I'm much more affectionate, it can be quite embarrassing sometimes! People I would have always thought were only okay suddenly turn into my best friend. It's so awkward seeing them sober after and just giving the polite greeting when passing in the street. Drunkenness creates a completely alternative reality :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I'm a worse person alright. It's aload of b?llocks drinking, i don't know why we do it so much as a race. It's for losers, simple as.

• Advertisement

I'm a worse person alright. It's aload of b?llocks drinking, i don't know why we do it so much as a race. It's for losers, simple as.

Because you're a worse person drunk, alcohol is for losers? Ok.

or just the same?, shock horror :eek:

*passes brush and bucket of tar*

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

Personally I dont think there are any "better" people when they're drunk. I think that you're more sensitive to the vibes around you and ultimately that decides whether you are Jekyll or Hyde for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Worse. During my heavy drinking days I was a fool. All over lads like a rash, didn't care about anyone but myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'd be a talkative person sober, but when drunk I'm very friendly, but I find if I get pissed off I think I'm Rocky. I don't reach that stage anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

a drunk man speaks a sober mans mind...like now....I think ye'r a sound out bunch...(no messing) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrShine

When I used to get proper sh*tfaced I'd send drunken texts to people, often ex gfs, and then delete them afterwards, just to f*ck with my sober self. I'd also get grumpy towards the end of nights out, and not want to talk to anyone.

I don't drink nearly as much now, and I'm deffo a nicer person. As I get drunker I just get jollier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Depends. Normally I'm friendlier and more exuberant but there's been one or two frazzles lately. I don't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Emotional if I was worried or upset before going out. Hence why I don't drink wine at all. Absolute tear fest. Just never agreed with me. And that was one glass.

Drinking otherwise - Just happy, and really wanting to dance. Used to drive my friends crazy as if we went clubbing or a late bar, Id want to dance all night whereas when Im sober I dont like being the centre of attention at all. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement