Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a better or worse person when you're drunk?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I'm not aggressive after drink and never have been but I'm notorious for talking pure ****e when I'm drunk. Was away for a weekend recently with a few of the lads and back in the hotel after at around 5am I started going around the hotel looking for my imaginary dog and telling everyone I met in the hotel to keep an eye out for him because he's vicious and he has rabies, I'm sure guests complained.....wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

LaVail wrote: »
    I'm not aggressive after drink and never have been but I'm notorious for talking pure ****e when I'm drunk. Was away for a weekend recently with a few of the lads and back in the hotel after at around 5am I started going around the hotel looking for my imaginary dog and telling everyone I met in the hotel to keep an eye out for him because he's vicious and he has rabies, I'm sure guests complained.....wtf?

It's alright LaVail I have him, I put a bullet to his head this evening as he's rabies infested. I hope you understand. :pac:

If I can shut up for a bit I'm a decent drunk. Even someone who sees my drinking as a problem agreed I'm an excellent drunk, then that I'm the best drunk they know. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Flip a coin

a drunk man speaks a sober mans mind

Possibly the biggest lie that I ever believed. The amount of pure bull**** I've come out with when blacked out is incredible, and that's only the bits that have gotten back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

It's alright LaVail I have him, I put a bullet to his head this evening as he's rabies infested. I hope you understand. :pac:

Looks like he's buried his last bone. I'll have the priest say a mass for him. Thank you for your strength and courage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Possibly the biggest lie that I ever believed. The amount of pure bull**** I've come out with when blacked out is incredible, and that's only the bits that have gotten back to me.

That's true, but I've often said things I thought but would never say sober to people. Fuels a dirty guilty hangover more often than not. Blacking out is feckin horrible, I'm terrible for ranting some nights, I think what im saying is justifiable but in reality It's not making any sence at all. Usually happens on my 10th can

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

I'm better craic with a few drinks in me

If I ever felt aggressive or abusive though, I'd never drink as I think that would point to problems in my 'normal life'. I have friends who can drink all night and they'd never have a bother on them. Different strokes for different folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Well, I'm a fairly incoherent guy at the soberest of times, so... I mean, you put a few too many drinks in me and I'll probly come 'round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Whilst walking home last night I found six cans .

was in great humor drinking them after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Drinking doesn't make me a different person but it does magnify elements of my personality (mostly the good bits, very occasionally the not so good bits).

In terms of helping people, like the car-pushing help, for me it often seems that the thought process I'd apply to figuring out if someone really wanted/needed my help is considerably diminished when I've a few beers in my system. Before I know what I'm doing I'm offering to help or telling someone their outfit is lovely, or other complimentary comments; generally being a much jollier and more vocal version of myself. While sober I'd probably think of these things but by time I've gone through the 'will I? won't I?' process the moment has often passed. While tipsy, quite merry or even proper drunk I rely on instinct more than cognitive reasoning, which I quite like.

Over expressing myself can be a problem, whether I'm saying nice stuff or not so nice stuff, I hate that 'I said too much' feeling the next day. Which is one reason why I prefer nights out that include dancing - if there's good tunes and a place to dance, I'll most likely spend a lot of the night dancing, which cuts down considerably on drunken blatherings.

OP, your story about pushing the car reminded me of an incident at Halloween, a few years ago. We were heading to the early house, after being out for Halloween night and saw two people trying to push their car to get it started. We stopped to help but weren't making much progress when all of a sudden, around the corner strolled The Incredible Hulk. Such perfect timing. The Hulk wasted no time in joining us in our car pushing efforts and before long the car was going, and we waved goodbye to the Hulk and continued on our very merry way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

It makes me horny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Halloween 2010 I was a wee bit worse for wear (understatement from what I can gather)...I had left a local establishment after knocking back whatever made me into the contender of the year for how much and how many shots can you mix. Seemingly I was so bad (and I'm not proud of it) that when a guard asked me (this was relayed to me from a friend, where I'll tell you) if I was alright, I couldn't stop apologising. The guard asked me for the name of a friend so she could ring said person to help me.

I replied by saying the friends name, probably the first name to come to my head in my seriously and disgustingly inebriated state. The thing is she was in Drogheda and I live in the South East. From what my friend said the guard laughed and told her I was "a lovely drunk" and the best bit was my friend said she would come down but she would be a couple of hours. Of which the guard said to here not to worry and that she would put me in a taxi and get me home, and she did. To this day, I don't know how they knew my address because I have a crazy address that I even have to second guess on.

Soo, I'm probably one of the nice guys when I'm drunk.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

It's not that it makes me talk more, because I can shut up if I don't want to say anything. It just makes me care so much less what anyone thinks of what I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Was tippin' home last night, when I came across a couple of lads who had obviously been playing petrol bingo. They had run out of juice about a hundred yards from home.One was half-in half-out of the car, trying to steer while the other lad was pushing.

I downed tools (6 cans:pac:) and gave them a hand pushing the car home.

I woke up this morning and it got me wondering. Had I not have had a couple of ales on board, would I have bothered stopping to lend a hand?

I'd like to think I would have, but honestly, I couldn't be sure.

So AHers, as the thread title asks, are you a better or worse person when you're drunk?
    That was nice of ya choco. I think you mightn't have done it sober but the thought would definitely occurred to you :)

I don't think it would make any difference for me. I generally can't help but stick my oar in if anyone is in a spot of bother. I've picked people up if I seen them walking in bad weather and that, but I'm more wary these days and have passed by some I'm not sure about, and I feel wretched then.

I need to learn to mind my own business, but it's in my nature to help people out =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Better. Full of love for all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    It makes me horny

Nice

sex when Im drunk is like the never ending story :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Worse. I slowly get more aggressive until I reach a point WHERE I COULD FACKING GLASS SOMEONE, INNIT!:mad:

Affect an accent too. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭jluv

I make plans to go/see/do things with people when I'm drunk. I will actually be the one to suggest things. Next day I cringe as I know I could never have time/funds to do all these things and then have to figure out how to get out of those plans:o
    And I'm the BEST dancer ever:rolleyes: My brother used to warn me before I go out that I did not have to be the first and last person on the dancefloor:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Drink helps me relax and I tend to be someone who's pretty tightly-wound so I think drinking makes me a better person in that respect.

I think I am friendlier in general after a few drinks, more open to talking to people I wouldn't bother with normally but I can't decide if that's a good thing or not: there's always a reason why I don't bother with that person in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Worse, but I only recently realised it has a lot to do with what I am drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Depends on what I've been drinking

Beer, I'm grand, nicer then when sober
    Wine, I get all suave in my head and think I'm Sean Connery
    Whiskey, I'm a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭jluv

kryogen wrote: »
    Depends on what I've been drinking

Beer, I'm grand, nicer then when sober
    Wine, I get all suave in my head and think I'm Sean Connery
    Whiskey, I'm a ****
    My brother is the nicest person you could hope to meet.
    Give him a short and he is an aggressive ass.
    Thankfully he realised that many years ago.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

DitzyPoo92 wrote: »
    I get very generous when I'm drunk and start buying people drinks, giving away my cigs like they were sweets and compliment everyone on anything.

I do that after me first bottle of McArdles.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

theteal wrote: »
    i'm better up to a point, then things go downhill. . .we don't go to that point anymore

Wish I could have said as much for the car.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Timistry

It depends on my mood. If im in a good mood im a very chatty fun drunk, otherwise i can be a frustrated depressed ****e! never violent or a dick though

Advertisement