Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stilletos sliding!

• 28-04-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Got a gorgeous pair of black peep toe stilettos for a wedding im going to in a couple of weeks. The problem? I have high arches and narrow heels, and so the heels keep slipping on me. They are much too high for this to not be a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? They seem to fit otherwise....its not just these shoes, all strapless shoes seem to be like this on me.

I had been thinking of heel cushions? You know, ones that fill out the back of the shoe a little bit? Do you know where I could find anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

You can get heel grips in barratts. Get the suade ones, only like three euro instead of 8 for the gel ones and they work much much better. Bring the shoes with you, theyll let you try the grips with the shoes before you buy. Tbh, it sounds like you might be better off with an insole instead though. I have a similar problem and I prefer to use the insoles rather than heel grips, it just feels more secure all around on my foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

I only discovered recently that my problem was narrow heels - I can't keep any court type shoe on me. To be honest none of the solutions such as insoles or heel grips ever work for me. I have to buy shoes with an ankle strap or something similar - got so pissed off with have loads of shoes that I can't wear. Also get around it by wearing boots most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

I only discovered recently that my problem was narrow heels - I can't keep any court type shoe on me. To be honest none of the solutions such as insoles or heel grips ever work for me. I have to buy shoes with an ankle strap or something similar - got so pissed off with have loads of shoes that I can't wear. Also get around it by wearing boots most of the time.
    Me too! :(
    OP, I'd definitely recommend the suede grips over the gel ones - much more comfortable in my experience. Good luck!

Advertisement