Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunk guy on the side of the side of the road.

• 28-04-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭

When I was driving into work this morning at about 7:45am I passed a lad on the side of the road. He was sitting down slumped against a wall with a bottle beside him and what looked like a phone in his hand, he was in a shirt and jeans, he had obviously been out the previous night. He was gone when I was on my way home but while I was in work I couldn't stop thinking about him, should I have stopped to see if he was ok? I would have been late for work... What would you people have done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

the side of the side of the road?, I think my head just asploded :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

insert meme here ---->

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I wouldnt have done anything either if that makes you feel any better:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I wouldn't have gone near him either - unless he was asleep, in which case I would have swiped his phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was his phone any good ??

I need an upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He was asleep, im not even certain it was a phone, I was driving and he was on the far side of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭cml387

That lad is having the time of his life.

You,on the other hand, work on Saturdays.

F*cking typo in the thread title haha, I can't edit it :(

Im in college during the week so its either work weekends or works nights, and I like to drink at night.

I suppose if it was evident the guy had been attacked or something I would have stopped. But he actually looked quite peaceful sitting there in the morning sunlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

That's like every morning here..There was even a naked man and another man only in his boxers on the lane Wednesday slumped in a heap after a heavy afternoon's drinking, God bless the Polish..Don't think they are gay though just chronic alcoholics..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I was walking home through the park, it was dark, I could just about make out the shape of a body on the ground, so I went over shook him and asked are you OK, anyway he looked up and his mot under him with her jeans down went yeah we're fine.

Morto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Probably would have offered a lift if I wasn't in a rush to get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

the side of the side of the road
    Roadception......

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

44leto wrote: »
    I was walking home through the park,
    it was dark,
    I could just about make out the shape of a body on the ground,
    so I went over shook him and asked are you OK,
    anyway he looked up
    and his mot under him with her jeans down
    went yeah we're fine.

Morto.

With a bit of editing you could be a radical new street poet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Owryan wrote: »
    Was his phone any good ??

I need an upgrade

It was iphone 4, will sell it for good price!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He's making a concerted effort to avoid the household charge, he's a feckin hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I was walking home through the park, it was dark, I could just about make out the shape of a body on the ground, so I went over shook him and asked are you OK, anyway he looked up and his mot under him with her jeans down went yeah we're fine.

Morto.

Excellent! (if it's true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

If he had a phone he was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

to be honest, I would have rang the guards. They could have taken him home, saved him for staggering out on the road and causing an accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ask him to do a survey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

I know it sounds hard and all but you just have to keep going. Drunks can be unpredictable you just don't know what they might do, now he might have been an affable drunk but there again... Last thing you need is a glass in the face.

• Advertisement

He was asleep/ passed out! I doubt if I approached him he would have jumped up and started being aggresive. Id say when he did wake he hadn't a clue where he was!

mconigol wrote: »
    Excellent! (if it's true)

Yeah its true, it was about 1 in the morning and I was a bit oiled myself, not a light in the place and a dark patch of the park of the path for obvious reasons, I could just make out the shape of a body, and the rest went the way I posted, except me going,, jaysus sorry about that,,,, I thought,, see yahs and I speeded off.

Yeah its true, it was about 1 in the morning and I was a bit oiled myself, not a light in the place and a dark patch of the park of the path for obvious reasons, I could just make out the shape of a body, and the rest went the way I posted, except me going,, jaysus sorry about that,,,, I thought,, see yahs and I speeded off.

It's true what they say ... the Northside is a totally different world

toexpress wrote: »
    It's true what they say ... the Northside is a totally different world

Yeah we use bus shelters for protection.

Now you tell me you never got a knee trembler down some alley, or a pass machine receptacle, which I did, I never realised there were camera in it though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

It wasn't me phone, it was me gun, ya bollix...

Clipboard01_35.jpg

He seems OK enough to thank the OP, so worry not!

Yeah we use bus shelters for protection.

Now you tell me you never got a knee trembler down some alley, or a pass machine receptacle, which I did, I never realised there were camera in it though.:(

Certainly not!

Certainly not!

Sorry to hear that, put it on your bucket list;)

Sorry to hear that, put it on your bucket list;)

Again ... Certainly not!
    I admit to being a complete gay slag like and have a particular liking for married men (cant beat em) but I like to keep my slaggish tendancies private I have an image that I work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

He prob was out nite clubbing and could not get a cab home fell asleep in the ditch think we all done it in rural ireland

Again ... Certainly not!
    I admit to being a complete gay slag like and have a particular liking for married men (cant beat em) but I like to keep my slaggish tendancies private I have an image that I work

Kudos :eek:

You must have been adopted from the northside:D

Kudos :eek:

You must have been adopted from the northside:D

Not at all but you know what they say about the Southside posh birds? It's true of the homosexuals too!!

I would have called the guards tbh. Would have worried about him all day if I hadn't :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

It's alrite man, I made it home....

• Advertisement
Advertisement