Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor hotspot v htc wifi hotspot

Options
  • 28-04-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Have to change to a new bb provider.
    Does anyone know if it would be a better spec to buy the meteor hotspot, or get unlimited data on my meteor account and use my sensation xl as a wireless hotspot.

Mainly used on an iPad for sky go, movies and sport. Some streaming on my laptop for tv shows.

Downloading anything wouldn't be used.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Cost wise, I imagine the Unlimited Data may be better, but it will eat your battery big time.

I don't know what the battery is like on the metero wi-fi hotspot, but I imagine it could be plugged into another battery or power source more conveniently than your phone.

You do realise that Streaming IS Downloading, right? Although the data may not be saved after you have watched it once, the same amount of data still must pass through your connection. Also, as good as mobile broadband is these days, video streaming is still very intensive and mobile BB isn't really up to it. Besides that, even with 15, or 30gb of an allowance, it won't last very long if you're streaming video.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Thanks for that.

By downloading I meant filling up a 1tb hard drive overnight with the latest movies :D

I might just check the price of home providers against it so, I was probably sucked in too well from the funky ad on tv!

Any recommendation for me. Moving to a new apartment and getting my first connection for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

I'd go with a fixed connection, UPC if the apartment is wired for it. I had eircom beforehand and never had an issure but it's expensive as you're paying for phone too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What exactly does Metor's unlimited bb actually mean? There is no such thing as unlimited bb.

Advertisement