Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is this? Meteor

Options
  • 28-04-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

This number(0061406606977) keeps appearing on my mobile account logs, and charging me different amounts, i've never signed up to anything on any mobile number, the only thing i can think of is it might be one of my apps?

I have a galaxy s
    I'm with meteor prepay and i get free calls texts and internet

Sorry wasn't sure where to post this!

7POmU.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

It's an australian number. Maybe it's stored on your phone and you're dialling it accidently. Did you buy the phone used or anything? Check your contacts list anyway. Could also be a contact number downloaded from facebook to your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

its an Australian number as said above but specifically a mobile number afaik if thats any help, the charge from meteor is 50c per minute with a 25c connection fee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

I had an app on a Nokia N8 which was connecting to the internet during the night. I knew it was from my bills, but it was getting arond the phone's data log somehow. It turned out to be a weather app updating, but it was still annoying as I had no way of turning it off. If even saved a connection profile so it would log on even if yopu deleted the connection settings.

Almost certainly an app which you've installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

If the number is not in your phone or recently dialled, I would guess it is an app making the call.

If in your recently dialled, remove it from that list, or reset your recently dialled list.

If call happens again, i would assume it is an app, and If you dont know which app, I think you should do a full wipe and manufacture reset on your phone ASAP.

Advertisement