Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Screen on laptop

• 28-04-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi i got a laptop today and when i power it on, im greeted with a blank white screen, what ive tried so far is;

Connecting to an external monitor which gives me an image and works fine.
    Tried the screen in a different laptop and its works fine.
    Tried a known working screen in the laptop which also showed up white.

Anyone else ever comes across this or know anything about it.

Any help greatly appreciated,

thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

sounds like the cable or the connector on mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Sounds like a motherboard problem, what kind of graphics card does it have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭asgaard

Yep, sounds like graphic card dead (mostly it happens with Nvidia chips)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maccer666

asgaard wrote: »
    Yep, sounds like graphic card dead (mostly it happens with Nvidia chips)

Pretty sure the graphics is Ati, ill have to check later, so is it normal for them to work on an external monitor even if the chip is dead+ Im also gona throw in a guess and say its not fixable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 James Doyle123

Hi Im pretty sure that if it work on ex monitor then its not the chip and its either the cable connecting the lcd to MB or its the screen itself but no the MB it is fixable but dont have an idea of cost

check out this guy www.gadgetrepair.ie he fixed mine when similar happened to me

• Advertisement

Hi Im pretty sure that if it work on ex monitor then its not the chip and its either the cable connecting the lcd to MB or its the screen itself but no the MB it is fixable but dont have an idea of cost

check out this guy www.gadgetrepair.ie he fixed mine when similar happened to me

its not the lcd anyway as it was tested in another laptop and it works just fine as for the cable to the MB I dnt have a spare one of them around to test but all the connections have been checked and it seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 James Doyle123

maccer666 wrote: »
    its not the lcd anyway as it was tested in another laptop and it works just fine as for the cable to the MB I dnt have a spare one of them around to test but all the connections have been checked and it seems ok.

the cable that conects lcd to mb is appox 20 1mm wires all it takes is for one of these to break inside its plastic coating and your lcd wont work try adjusting the cable with laptop turned on and see what happens or open and close lid slowly and watch the screen to see if the picture comes back, if it does cable is problem

the cable that conects lcd to mb is appox 20 1mm wires all it takes is for one of these to break inside its plastic coating and your lcd wont work try adjusting the cable with laptop turned on and see what happens or open and close lid slowly and watch the screen to see if the picture comes back, if it does cable is problem

i see. now that i did not know,i shall give that a go and see how i get on.

Advertisement