Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Turnout rugs?

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All, looking for a high quality Turnout rug for a Pony for the Milder weather - need some advice, Pony only small & not sure lightweight would be best, she is currently in a mediumweight but that may be too heavy when weather gets very mild..

Would love a Rambo but super expensive, can anyone recommend a good brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

marley123 wrote: »
    Hi All, looking for a high quality Turnout rug for a Pony for the Milder weather - need some advice, Pony only small & not sure lightweight would be best, she is currently in a mediumweight but that may be too heavy when weather gets very mild..

Would love a Rambo but super expensive, can anyone recommend a good brand?

premier equine. Buy direct from them, delivery is always very prompt and rugs are excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

fits wrote: »
    premier equine. Buy direct from them, delivery is always very prompt and rugs are excellent quality.

Thanks for that fits. I had a look at their website and the rugs look great. Can I just ask, have you used their rugs with detachable liners and if so were they easy to use and did they stay attached? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

TRI at the Curragh had good quality outdoor rugs on sale last Friday. €40. They looked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

mystika121 wrote: »
    Thanks for that fits. I had a look at their website and the rugs look great. Can I just ask, have you used their rugs with detachable liners and if so were they easy to use and did they stay attached? Thanks again.

I dont have those ones but given the quality of what I do have I'd say they're absolutely fine. They're really robust rugs. I should have got the trio probably as would be good long term investment.

I have an 80g, 200g and 450g as well as the multibuster (handy in summer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Premier Equestrian looked great but none of the rugs small enough - Just ordered a Turnout rug from here - prices reasonable & should be here tomoro.

http://www.foxequestrian.com/viewitems.php?category=Rugs&type=Turnout%20Rugs%20-%20Medium%20Weight&hr=For%20the%20Horse

• Advertisement
Advertisement