Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Grinds

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering is their anyone in galway or anyone you know who would be able to give grinds in java using BlueJ.Its abit of an emergancy as the exam is this week,I thought id get away with going through java for dummies but its still not making sense. I posted yesterday regarding nice links thats available,again i cant make head nor tail about it.If you do know anyone don't hesitate to PM me...
    Thanks in advance
    Skinny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

What area are you having problems with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

everything...nothing is making sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

when is the exam?

what year is it?

link me to a previous exam paper

Thursday

Sorry I didn't realise I hadn't told you

Im second year Business and information systems in NUIG.
    • Design algorithms in pseudo-code and implement them in Java
    • Develop Java code to implement Objected Oriented concepts
    • Understand complex Object Oriented concepts and relate them
    to the Java programming language
    • Write basic Unit Tests

• Advertisement

did ya do the labs during the year?

reckon that paper builds on them/takes its questions from them

skelliser wrote: »
    did ya do the labs during the year?

reckon that paper builds on them/takes its questions from them
    Yes on a weekly basis,Iv no problem doing the labs...they have video turials up aswell but put me in front of a pc with no notes I'm clueless..my problem is i understanding exactly what is happening so I can learn off a step by step procedure on how to attack the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭adigilani

I am a student of BSc software development year 2 in GMIT. Pm me your number and i will tie up a time with you tomorrow. Not grinds as such but i will make every effort for you to pass the exam.
    skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was just wondering is their anyone in galway or anyone you know who would be able to give grinds in java using BlueJ.Its abit of an emergancy as the exam is this week,I thought id get away with going through java for dummies but its still not making sense. I posted yesterday regarding nice links thats available,again i cant make head nor tail about it.If you do know anyone don't hesitate to PM me...
    Thanks in advance
    Skinny

well i dont really know the syntax of java so i cant help there but i understand the the theory as all programming is very similar.

From looking at those papers you need to understand classes, polymorphism and inheritance which all follow on from each other.

look these up on youtube.

go with adigiliani above cause he would have done this stuff in first year.

Its not too difficult but as i said i dont really know the syntax of java.

good luck

adigilani wrote: »
    I am a student of BSc software development year 2 in GMIT. Pm me your number and i will tie up a time with you tomorrow. Not grinds as such but i will make every effort for you to pass the exam.
    skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance
    Skinny
    Sent thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Someone else said thenewboston.com on your other thread, his videos are very good. Look for the beginner java tutorials, there is 87 of them there.

They didn't make a whole lot of sense to me on the first run so I done them again & it started to make more sense. I actually intend to go back & go through them a 3rd time.

Also, try the book "Head first Java", you can download it off the net if you know where to look.

Advertisement