Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to brush bleach damaged hair after washing?

• 28-04-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Well before Christmas, I bleached me black hair and dyed it red and then brown and it's brown now. Kinda not important but anyways...my hair is very bleach damaged and if I brush it while wet a lot of hair snaps off. I noticed that my hair is getting thinner and am contemplating getting my long hair cut to my shoulders . But at the moment that is not an option as I can't afford hair extensions yet so until I can my hair is staying long. Anyways again....what way should I brush my hair to minimise breakage because it does be very tangled and knotty when wet. Should I wait until my hair is completely dry and then brush? Need help:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭MsHolloway

I have a similiar issue to you. What I do is use an intense conditioner, leave it on for a good while in the shower, then use my fingers to gently tease out the knots. If its very bad I use a large tooth comb and gently comb starting at ends.
    I tend to only give it a good brush once its dry then. I try to leave it dry by itself.

I really need to get a good cut, but like yourself I can't afford it at the mo.

At the moment I'm just using a l'oreal tub of intense conditioner, but I've been thinking I might need to get a better one, once I have the money that is!

Hope this helped you some bit! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't brush my hair - haven't done so in about 10 yrs. I use my fingers to take out any knots or tangles when shampooing and that's it.

You probably should cut your hair up and get rid of the weight and dead damaged hair. It will grow back quickly enough and a little pain in the short term (in terms of hair loss) will be worth it to get it healthy again. If your hair is damaged, I probably wouldn't get extensions either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

I find brushing it in the shower while the conditioner is in minimises the tangles when youre out if the shower! maybe try using argan or moroccan oil too, it's great for damaged hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

I had a similar situation to yourself; my hair was very damaged from bleaching my hair blonde.

After washing it, put in a leave-in condition and let it soak in for a minute. When your brushing, take your hair in sections and start brushing the ends first and work your way up; that way you are putting less stress on your hair because you're not trying to drag knots out of your hair.

Put some serum or oil on your hair then; it will get rid of that sticky 'chewing gum' feeling. And just run you fingers through your hair every now and then as its drying to seperate any knots that start to form in the broken hair.

And try to avoid putting any heat on your hair. I found letting my hair dry naturally and then putting velcro rollers in gave it good volume and body without having to put heat on it.

Advertisement