Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog found

• 28-04-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone can help me I found a boxer today and he has a micro chip but the vet didn't know how to get the owners name. He gave me the dogs micro chip number but I cant find where to type it in to www.fido.ie if anyone knows how to get a dogs owner info please let me know as I would love to find this dogs owners.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

http://www.petnet.ie/

Try here aswell, it might not be a fido microchip, there are a couple of different brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Fido won't give out the details unless you're authorised (like a vet or rescue). It's unusual that the vet couldn't give you the details- was he chipped but not regestered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CLECK

Hi, try petmaxx.com. That has all databases under one search. It wont give you the owner details but it will tell you if the microchip is registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

CLECK wrote: »
    Hi, try petmaxx.com. That has all databases under one search. It wont give you the owner details but it will tell you if the microchip is registered.

Didn't find my pet. Try the local pound, they have access to all databases registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭boxermad

axle108 wrote: »
    CLECK wrote: »

Didn't find my pet. Try the local pound, they have access to all databases registered.
    Dog pound is closed until Monday morning. Have him out the back garden with a bowl of water and food but isn't eating atal tries him with some roast beef and again no joy. Hopefully we find the owner soon so they won't be worried 2 much as it seems a beloved well trained pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tvercetti

boxermad wrote: »
    Dog pound is closed until Monday morning. Have him out the back garden with a bowl of water and food but isn't eating atal tries him with some roast beef and again no joy. Hopefully we find the owner soon so they won't be worried 2 much as it seems a beloved well trained pet.

Kinda ironic your username is boxermad and you found a boxer.

Where did you find him??

tvercetti wrote: »
    boxermad wrote: »

Kinda ironic your username is boxermad and you found a boxer.

Where did you find him??
    Found him in the monavalley area of Tralee co. Kerry yesterday evening 8ish. If I ever see a dog wandering the roads I would always go over and assist it, check for a name and num tag and more often than not there is a tag on the dog. In this case there isn't. I posted it on Facebook to pet mania and and other animal sites to try find the owner

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, I PM'd you last night offering to trace the chip for you

DBB wrote: »
    OP, I PM'd you last night offering to trace the chip for you
    Pm sent

thanks to everyone for the input was muchly appreciated. dog was just dropped off to his home to a warm welcome. was only 5min walk up the road so he had not ventured too far. thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Did u manage to track it thru the microchip?

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Did u manage to track it thru the microchip?
    Ya another member of boards tracked it for me as she had the database for it. He is now home safe and sound. Goes to show how handy the microchips actually are.

Advertisement