Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Exams

Options
  • 28-04-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Is there a bus running from campus to the RDS this year? Have been sitting my exams on campus for the past while and completely forgot that I'll have to find my way to the RDS this year. I know you can get the 46a and walk but I have no sense of direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Hey,

You can get 145, 46A, 39A to Dubiln Bus Station, Point A on the map, then walk to Point B by following the blue line. It's about 10 minute walk.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Stillorgan+Rd%2FN11&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=53.318339,-6.230621&sspn=0.02238,0.066047&geocode=FbKVLQMdmuig_w%3BFayqLQMdYP-g_w&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&t=m&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Thank you! That's seems simple enough for even me to manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

There is an exam bus running every half hour (ish) from the express bus stop at Glenomena between 7:30 and 17:30

That said, it's no harm to have some bus fare handy, the bus has limited space and the concept of queues is non existent.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

There will also be more than likely be the (unreliable) bus running to-and-from UCD and the RDS too. It picks up from the bus stop over by Glenomena, every 40/60mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

It should be noted that the shuttle bus ONLY runs from the 4th of May!

http://www.ucdsu.ie/site/view/206/

Kind of defeats the purpose if your exams start on Monday (30th April!!!) like mine do! I've 3 exams polished off before the bus even starts to run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

JaneLane wrote: »
    It should be noted that the shuttle bus ONLY runs from the 4th of May!

http://www.ucdsu.ie/site/view/206/

Kind of defeats the purpose if your exams start on Monday (30th April!!!) like mine do! I've 3 exams polished off before the bus even starts to run!

That picture is from a few years ago.. but still.... aaaaarrrrggghhhhh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

20 minute walk. 5 minute cycle. Costs nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

That poster linked above has to be wrong, why would the bus run from the 4th to the 15th if exams end on the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Paddy Guiney said on facebook: From Glenomena Express.. First bus is at 7.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

The 47 drops you right outside the RDS which is handier than the 46a/145 which only drop you a 15 min walk away. Also, I wouldn't be too reliant on the shuttle bus. It has let me down many a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I agree with BX 19: walk it. A little exercise is good for the brain, and it means you have complete control over where you go and when. You aren't at the mercy of anyone or anything else. Just be careful crossing the N11.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement