Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise, Woodgrove estate.

Options
  • 28-04-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I'm hoping to move to Woodgrove in Portlaoise. It seems like a nice and peaceful housing estate. However there are 13 houses for sale in this estate and that seems a hell of a lot out of 90. Can some advise me either way about this. I'm moving for peace and quiet and two hours extra travelling is worth it if this estate is as it seems. Thanks in advanced.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mamakitten

I dont live there myself but I have friends who do and they say its a grand place, lots of kids and families there. The only issue might be they have had a few problems with the drainage system in that estate, there is sometimes a smell of sewage in certain parts of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

There are actually 114 house in the estate but I can't comment on the amount of house for sale, though I can't remember seeing any for sale signs there. I have to say that on the whole its a lovely quite estate. As for the sewage, I understand that there was problems with the pump but that it has been fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bow.ie

Thanks for the posts. I'm only bothered about antisocial behaviour and all the stress that goes with that. Sewerage problems can be fixed much easier than social. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That area is generally pretty good in terms of people living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bow.ie

As far as I can see, Portlaoise is generally a chilled place. I've visited it ten times and never felt other than relaxed. I know there has to be some downside but friendliness is all I've encountered. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement