Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roughest area in GTA games?

• 28-04-2012 11:18pm
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

For me, the steinway flats seem the roughest in liberty city, homeless drunks lying around, the area itself is visually kind of dark which makes it more grim but there needs to be more peds in these areas who do crime like that chap that walked around ganton in SA saying "i'm bout to nut up!" who would do carjackings. I also remember the haitian ghetto in VC, terrible conditons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I remember parts of GTA London been very run down and rough.I enjoyed it highly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The shopping mall in Vice City. The security guys would always get into shootouts with the gang there. It was great, keep your head down and pick up the pistols and money and you were sorted. Also hilarious if cops spawned in the place as it would turn into a three way fight. I would use my newly gotten money to purchase a hammer and proceed to make it a four way fight just for laughs.

That's why it sticks out as the roughest area in all the GTA games so far, for me anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The shopping mall in Vice City. The security guys would always get into shootouts with the gang there. It was great, keep your head down and pick up the pistols and money and you were sorted. Also hilarious if cops spawned in the place as it would turn into a three way fight. I would use my newly gotten money to purchase a hammer and proceed to make it a four way fight just for laughs.

That's why it sticks out as the roughest area in all the GTA games so far, for me anyway. :D

You brought a hammer to a shoot out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

I also remember the haitian ghetto in VC, terrible conditons.

I remember attempting the "100 taxi fares" mission in VC. I spent a not inconsiderable amount time ploughing up and down the various islands and had gotten up to 90 when I took a call from my next fare who needed collecting from Little Haiti. Unfortunately upon arrival to the neighbourhood some gang members took exception to my presence and dragged me out of my taxi and gave me a damn good kicking and thus wasted an entire evening's work playing the game. I never bothered having a go at that particular mission again!

I can't remember the name of the area but the high rise blocks in North Algonquin were as grim as I've seen in GTA.

I remember attempting the "100 taxi fares" mission in VC. I spent a not inconsiderable amount time ploughing up and down the various islands and had gotten up to 90 when I took a call from my next fare who needed collecting from Little Haiti. Unfortunately upon arrival to the neighbourhood some gang members took exception to my presence and dragged me out of my taxi and gave me a damn good kicking and thus wasted an entire evening's work playing the game. I never bothered having a go at that particular mission again!
    You didnt have to do them in one go ;)

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You didnt have to do them in one go ;)

No, that's the thing - you had to do 100 consecutive fares to unlock the bonus. And you could only get out of the taxi for a very limited time. The gang was beating the crap out of Tommy and I didn't have a chance to get him back behind the wheel. I can't recall what that bonus was but I'm sure it wasn't worth all that effort!

No, that's the thing - you had to do 100 consecutive fares to unlock the bonus. And you could only get out of the taxi for a very limited time. The gang was beating the crap out of Tommy and I didn't have a chance to get him back behind the wheel. I can't recall what that bonus was but I'm sure it wasn't worth all that effort!
    I'm almost certain you only had to do 100, didnt have to be in one go.

III was a special cab, SA I think was Nitrus in every cab. Havent a clue what VC reward was.

III was a special cab, SA I think was Nitrus in every cab. Havent a clue what VC reward was.

lol! You mean the pain I've carried inside for all the years since was for no reason? :)

Oh well, I got in some quality time driving round VC listening to the ever so cool Radio Espantoso. Utterly brilliant game...

lol! You mean the pain I've carried inside for all the years since was for no reason? :)

Oh well, I got in some quality time driving round VC listening to the ever so cool Radio Espantoso. Utterly brilliant game...

Yep :D

I have LA Noire to play after my exams, but I think I'll be busting out Vice City again after that. Only did it recently but enjoyed it so much I'm going to do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Funny thread alright.

Does anyone know if there is a new one coming out at all?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

People are hinting at an october release but I can't see it coming out till next year. I want them to take their time and make sure we get the best game ever, so i'd settle for a 2013 release as much as I want it now.

I just get a feeling in my gut that some more official news is close...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yeah you didn't have to do them in one go, just do 100 in total.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

The shopping centre in vice city was great, i'd rob the show car and go flying through it.
    Bring back the melee weapons of VC. I want swords, hammers, screwdrivers and chainsaws. Good amount of violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You brought a hammer to a shoot out? :confused:

It kept things interesting. With all the food shops around health does not become an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There's a construction site in GTA III where the Cartel trucks would spawn in traffic right next to a point where another gang - I think Yakuza? - spawned too. Hang around for a few minutes and it turned into a complete warzone.

In the socio-economic sense I think the OP means, yeah, I'm inclined to think of those very grim little shacks in the Little Haiti area, or maybe some of the patches a few streets away from Grove Street where you can see people slumped in the doorways of their horrible crap pile houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

or maybe some of the patches a few streets away from Grove Street where you can see people slumped in the doorways of their horrible crap pile houses.

That and the fact that you can't seem to walk anywhere without getting shot at by those purple bastids. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

In GTAIV, I remember standing outside the Diner just around the corner from Roman's flat, when a large group of Russians walked by. Next thing I know, they attack me, so I fight back obviously. Next thing, they start shooting at me, and the cops show up to fight them, twas carnage! Hove Beach in general was a pretty depressing little area, but I guess the roughest area in the game for me was probably Northwood in the Projects.

In SA, it had to be Ganton, especially in the period before you start taking over territories, because you're never too far away from the Ballas to the North and the West, and the Vagos to the South and East. That said, Grove St. was and is my favourite place in any GTA game.

Advertisement