Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Job To "Retrofit" wall mounted Downlighters in a room?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

So I was thinking to throw a few wall mounted dimmable downlighters in a large room. Is this gonna be a massive job. Standard stud wall. Am i talking hours of labour or is it just a bit of fishing and fixing up paint work and bit of plaster after? Dont want to open a hornets nest ! Before you ask I have ceiling fixed downighters these would be just on walls to light up a few features. I have a few to spare :D
    the fittings need to be wired from behind. Major Surgery or a standard enough affair for a sparks?

http://www.switchcraft.ie/products.asp?maincat=LGF&range=LGFOF&subcat1=WALL%20LIGHTS&index=6&ordfld=Description&ord=ASC#

Robus 35W GU/GZ10 Wall light with single light point [Brushed Chrome]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Could be quite simple as its a stud wall. Can you get access to the top of the stud from above?

If you have the floor boards lifted above and there's access to the switch, shouldnt be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Could be quite simple as its a stud wall. Can you get access to the top of the stud from above?

If you have the floor boards lifted above and there's access to the switch, shouldnt be too bad.

No the rooms fully finished . Isnt the stud a lattice work (Criss-cross hatch). So he wont really be able to get the wire up through with the various noggins and insulation. I was thinking he will have to drill through each noggin he meets? I know theres a few hours in it just dont want it to snowball lol. :eek:

Advertisement