Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how long has pussy been called pussy?

• 29-04-2012 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

and what was it before? no not vagina, there must have been another non text book way of saying it. any old dears here who were throwing it around during the 60's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

My granny says snatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Since sticking cats up there became the norm, so, I donno, 1900s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

And here's me thinking ye're discussing the origin of cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

i thought it was after they stopped calling it gee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

At last a bit of etymology to enlighten this place! Indeed good folk tell us of this "pussy" and its ancient origins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Velux Window. Difficult to force open at first but too long it will soon flood buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

It used to be called Cats eye because of its shape. This term became redundant during the Edwardian period because of its vulgarity and was substituted with the term "pussy" amongst young people to hide what they were truly speaking about (seriously).

For some unknown reason the word later emerged many decades later. I think this was because American literature aimed at younger audiences continued to use the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Do your knickers look like a butchers apron?

If so, you have leaky minge!

Slap a snatch-patch on that gusset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Used to be called "Cha Cha". I know this because they said so on "Southpark". Lads bits were always Hoohoodillies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

IM0 wrote: »
    and what was it before? no not vagina, there must have been another non text book way of saying it. any old dears here who were throwing it around during the 60's?
    Biggins? Won't be around to tell you till the morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Pottler wrote: »
    Used to be called "Cha Cha". I know this because they said so on "Southpark". Lads bits were always Hoohoodillies.

so thats what doin the cha cha is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

pussy (2) Look up pussy at Dictionary.com
    slang for "female pudenda," 1879, but probably older; perhaps from O.N. puss "pocket, pouch" (cf. Low Ger. puse "vulva"), but perhaps instead from the cat word (see pussy (1)) on notion of "soft, warm, furry thing;" cf. Fr. le chat, which also has a double meaning, feline and genital. Earlier uses are difficult to distinguish from pussy (1), e.g.:

The word pussie is now used of a woman [Philip Stubbes, "The Anatomie of Abuses," 1583]

But the use of pussy as a term of endearment argues against the vaginal sense being generally known before late 19c., e.g.:

"What do you think, pussy?" said her father to Eva. [Harriet Beecher Stowe, "Uncle Tom's Cabin," 1852]

Pussy-whipped first attested 1956.

is that the length of your e-penis?

18AD wrote: »
    slang for "female pudenda," 1879, but probably older; perhaps from O.N. puss "pocket, pouch" (cf. Low Ger. puse "vulva"), but perhaps instead from the cat word (see pussy (1)) on notion of "soft, warm, furry thing;" cf. Fr. le chat, which also has a double meaning, feline and genital. Earlier uses are difficult to distinguish from pussy (1), e.g.:

The word pussie is now used of a woman [Philip Stubbes, "The Anatomie of Abuses," 1583]

But the use of pussy as a term of endearment argues against the vaginal sense being generally known before late 19c., e.g.:

"What do you think, pussy?" said her father to Eva. [Harriet Beecher Stowe, "Uncle Tom's Cabin," 1852]

Pussy-whipped first attested 1956.

oh Im going to make a new one out of that. as in.."you got pussy whipped by your missus :p" -->bitched slapped by. you heard it here first! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Baby Cannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

My granny says snatch

****in 'ell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

My granny says snatch

Looks at username..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

"front bottom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

we usually use wang intersexually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

When I was a kid, I used to watch this TV show where this woman was always stroking her pussy and saying stuff like:

"You're lucky to have me at all, Captain Peacock. I had to thaw me pussy out before I came. It had been out all night."

You know, animals are very psychic. I mean, the least sign of danger and my pussy's hair stands on end."

"It's a wonder I'm here at all, you know. My pussy got soakin' wet. I had to dry it out in front of the fire before I left."

"Having a bath at 6 o'clock in the morning played havoc with my pussy."

"She went right up to the sergeant at the desk, and she said, 'Have any of your constables reported having seen this lady's pussy?'"

"I've got to get home. If my pussy isn't attended to by 8 o'clock, I shall be strokin' it for the rest of the evening."

"I've got a sculptor coming this evening. He's going to do my pussy in clay."

"I hope this isn't going to take long, Captain Peacock. The last time I was late, a fireman had to climb out of my bedroom window and risk his life on a narrow ledge tryin' to grab hold of my pussy."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

"girl-wang" if specification is required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

An old gf used call hers "her purse". It made sense when I came into some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

18AD wrote: »
    slang for "female pudenda," 1879, but probably older; perhaps from O.N. puss "pocket, pouch" (cf. Low Ger. puse "vulva"), but perhaps instead from the cat word (see pussy (1)) on notion of "soft, warm, furry thing;" cf. Fr. le chat, which also has a double meaning, feline and genital. Earlier uses are difficult to distinguish from pussy

Oh no! I'll never be able to hear "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball Of Fur "
    ever again without being reminded of this!!!! :(

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Anyone else feel hungry reading this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Beaver,Clam Chowder, or hole in the red carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Gowl,Flange or my favourite,The Hairy Eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I call it 'The Growler'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

IM0 wrote: »
    oh Im going to make a new one out of that. as in.."you got pussy whipped by your missus :p" -->bitched slapped by. you heard it here first! :pac:

You're a little late. Says its been around since the fifties. Awesome fifties people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Gash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why is this thread still open mods, Would we have a how long has cock been called cock thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

*inserts witty "What your ma calls it" reference implying I had sexual congress with your mother previously.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Some people need to try sleeping at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

When I was a kid, I used to watch this TV show where this woman was always stroking her pussy and saying stuff like:

"You're lucky to have me at all, Captain Peacock. I had to thaw me pussy out before I came. It had been out all night."

You know, animals are very psychic. I mean, the least sign of danger and my pussy's hair stands on end."

"It's a wonder I'm here at all, you know. My pussy got soakin' wet. I had to dry it out in front of the fire before I left."

"Having a bath at 6 o'clock in the morning played havoc with my pussy."

"She went right up to the sergeant at the desk, and she said, 'Have any of your constables reported having seen this lady's pussy?'"

"I've got to get home. If my pussy isn't attended to by 8 o'clock, I shall be strokin' it for the rest of the evening."

"I've got a sculptor coming this evening. He's going to do my pussy in clay."

"I hope this isn't going to take long, Captain Peacock. The last time I was late, a fireman had to climb out of my bedroom window and risk his life on a narrow ledge tryin' to grab hold of my pussy."

Mr. Humphries, is that you??

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Why is this thread still open mods, Would we have a how long has cock been called cock thread?

Probably after all the good jokes were gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement