Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stray cat update = very sad outcome :(

• 29-04-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

hi folks.

a while back i posted this...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76855661

coincidentally the cat vanished the next day and i didn't see it again until
    a few days ago. i've been feeding it again and arranging a plan to catch it.

but today disaster struck. a big greyhound looking yoke i haven't seen in
    the area before caught the stray outside my house and savaged the poor
    thing. he probably didn't even last 10 seconds. before i could even get
    down the stairs he ran off with the limp body in his mouth.

whoever owns that dog should be totally ashamed of himself letting it ramble
    around without a leash. i can't believe the lack of responsibility in some
    people.

what else is there to say - sad story has even worse ending! i hope this
    doesn't get anyone down but i felt compelled to post an update :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

P
    Uthur wrote: »
    hi folks.

a while back i posted this...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76855661

coincidentally the cat vanished the next day and i didn't see it again until
    a few days ago. i've been feeding it again and arranging a plan to catch it.

but today disaster struck. a big greyhound looking yoke i haven't seen in
    the area before caught the stray outside my house and savaged the poor
    thing. he probably didn't even last 10 seconds. before i could even get
    down the stairs he ran off with the limp body in his mouth.

whoever owns that dog should be totally ashamed of himself letting it ramble
    around without a leash. i can't believe the lack of responsibility in some
    people.

what else is there to say - sad story has even worse ending! i hope this
    doesn't get anyone down but i felt compelled to post an update :(

You sure it was a greyhound?????? And not a lucher???

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

P

Why?????
    I think regardless of the dog breed it's just such a horrific end for the poor cat and must have been so upsetting for Uthur :(

Fair play to you for doing your best though and totally agree with you regards dogs being allowed to roam unleashed without an owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

God that would be a horrible sight to see :( Poor little stray :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

P

Why?????
    I think regardless of the dog breed it's just such a horrific end for the poor cat and must have been so upsetting for Uthur :(

Fair play to you for doing your best though and totally agree with you regards dogs being allowed to roam unleashed without an owner.
    Because greyhound owners on the whole are. Are carefully with them and wouldn't allow them run around free
    Where as plenty of unsavoury people own luchers and let them roam around and the two are easly mixed up by people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Because greyhound owners on the whole are. Are carefully with them and wouldn't allow them run around free
    Where as plenty of unsavoury people own luchers and let them roam around and the two are easly mixed up by people

My locality was completely terrorised by a pack of greyhounds owned by some numpty that fancied himself as a greyhound trainer, the first dog he ever raced ran off in the opposite direction when the traps opened so he 'set them all free' and denied all knowledge of ever owning one in spite of bragging to all in sundry who would listen about his upcoming 'big race'. This led to several pets being savaged one of which was my dog, who was minding his own business in his own garden. Two people were also bitten, and kids weren't allowed to play in their own gardens. It took three weeks to catch these dogs and it was just luck in the end because they went into someone's shed who shut them in.

I find it very strange that someone would respond to this thread in such an accusatory manner especially when the OP clearly stated it was a 'greyhound looking yolk', do lurchers not come under the title of 'greyhound looking yolk'?, I would imagine so or you wouldn't have come to the conclusion that that's what it might have been.

• Advertisement
Advertisement