Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to start performing...

• 29-04-2012 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now, and piano for a few years too. I like singing too. Hoping to start writing songs soon, but I haven't managed to yet :(

Anywho - really I've only ever performed in front of a couple of mates, family, etc, and rarely sober :p I wouldn't be much of a performer, and would tend to avoid that kind of thing.

But lately I'm getting the urge to move beyond the confines of my own house and play at an open mic night or something. I've never done anything like it before, and would be sh*tting myself!

Is there any open mic nights that would be welcoming of total newbies? How do you prepare for it? How do you get over the nerves?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Most open mic nights are geared toward newbies. As for nerves, you just have to remember that everyone there is there to have fun, everyone is pre-disposed to like you for having the balls to go on stage.
    As for drinking before hand, it may lessen the amount of ****s one gives but it'll throw your singing off-pitch and screw your guitar playing. Couple of pints and I've forgotten how to play a power chord.

The last minute before you go up is the worst, once you start playing it's grand

Advertisement