Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moment you fell in love with a band?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

For me, it was with Radiohead, was in France when I was about 14, heard the song Creep by them( so stereotypical I know) and since that, have followed them ever since. So when did you fall in love, get introduced to a band that you still follow, or that still means something to you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Muse @ Witness 2001.

About an hour late, it had just absolute pelted down rain for a solid twenty minutes, the crowd were wound up to bits (in a good way) and they came out and I'm almost sure they played Micro Cuts first.

Best gig I've ever been to, and have seen them 7 or 8 times since.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Hmm. Not sure i can pinpoint one particular moment but i watch wwe and back in 2000 undertaker's song was "american badass" by kid rock so i bought a kid rock album and reading the sleeve i discovered the riff in that song was sampled from metallica's "sad but true" so in xmas 2000 i got metallica's s and m and grew to love them, i was even in the fan club for a short while. Since metallica i've discovered all kinds of metal but Slayer became my fave band.

ozzfest, punchestown, 2002. The darkness of christ intro then those four ****ing legends walking out on stage. Epic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Back in June 94 as soon as I heard the first few lyrics by Ghost Face Killa on the song Bring tha ruckus, I was hooked on Wu Tang ever since..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

1990 my dad us all drove to the south of france with smokies greatest hits playing in on auto reverse for two weeks..

Alice, only time i've ever heard my parents curse..

Boulevard of Broken Dreams.. Ahh the memories..

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xafft3_smokie-boulevard-of-broken-dreams_music

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Squ wrote: »
    1990 my dad us all drove to the south of france with smokies greatest hits playing in on auto reverse for two weeks..

Alice, only time i've ever heard my parents curse..

Boulevard of Broken Dreams.. Ahh the memories..

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xafft3_smokie-boulevard-of-broken-dreams_music

Christ, have you gotten therapy since? (not the band -sic)

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Christ, have you gotten therapy since? (not the band -sic)
    Did you not watch the link??

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Joe Soap got in ahead of me about the exact same gig and time and i assume it's the same for many others.Muse at Witnness was like a revelation,a glorious moment.Hearing Sunburn,Muscle Museum,New Born,Bliss and Plug in Baby for the first time was just incredible.I have been lucky enough to see them on 7 different occasions since (Dublin Castle,Oxegen 3 times,Marley Park,Point Depot and in it's current state as the 02)and that gig has never really been beaten but Marley Park came close.Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I wasn't long after starting to learn the guitar and I heard Karma Police, still get goosebumps to this day when I hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

April 17 1992 18.24

August 12 1992 09.32

September 4 1992 not sure what time it was

Jan 11 1993 14.03

March 8 1993 11.14 and again later that day at 18.49

May 8 1993 14.05

September 7 1993 21.23

November 31 1993 00.02

Feb 1 1994 12.14

August 14 1994 18.04

August 11 1995 11.07

September 4 1995 10.03

March 12 1998 17.58

longshanks wrote: »
    April 17 1992 18.24

August 12 1992 09.32

September 4 1992 not sure what time it was

Jan 11 1993 14.03

March 8 1993 11.14 and again later that day at 18.49

May 8 1993 14.05

September 7 1993 21.23

November 31 1993 00.02

Feb 1 1994 12.14

August 14 1994 18.04

August 11 1995 11.07

September 4 1995 10.03

March 12 1998 17.58

You fell in love With the angelus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Back when I was a young teenager in 1974 I used to listen to BBC Radio 1 during the day and Radio Luxembourg at night.

Although I can't remember the exact date in 1974, I do remember being blown away when I heard Seven Seas of Rhye by Queen.

Still a huge fan of Queen to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was in the US for the summer in 1995, my cousin and his friends were going to a concert in north Carolina and asked me to come along. Had never heard of the band, but oh my god when they came out I fell in love with them and are to this day my favourite band with queen a very close second.
    The band is "the Dave Matthews band" and my favourite album from them is "under the table and dreaming".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was 14 and I "borrowed" my uncle's copy of the Chilis Greatest Hits album. I was up at my grannys and I went out into our car, locked the doors and stuck on the cd player. I was in heaven for the next hour or so. I eventually bought my own copy of it. I ended up playing it so many times that it won't really work any more. It skips all over the place.

Finally got to see them last November. I had been waiting 8 years for the gig. 5 feet away from Flea as he played. Greatest gig I'll ever go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was 14 and I "borrowed" my uncle's copy of the Chilis Greatest Hits album. I was up at my grannys and I went out into our car, locked the doors and stuck on the cd player. I was in heaven for the next hour or so. I eventually bought my own copy of it. I ended up playing it so many times that it won't really work any more. It skips all over the place.

Finally got to see them last November. I had been waiting 8 years for the gig. 5 feet away from Flea as he played. Greatest gig I'll ever go to.

That story makes me wish your uncle had better taste in music

Advertisement