Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest headshot

Options
  • 29-04-2012 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

thought it'd be a good idea to compare longest headshots, there have been some ridiculous ones. mine was 1110m on gulf of Oman. from the building with the swimming pool and ladder to the US Aircraft carrier. it was on the 360. delighted! over to you :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

60m oh yeah.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

425m but ive probably spent 20min playing with the recon :o so im pretty happy with that.

I dont have the patience to sit their judging distance/bullet drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

1255m on Wake Island :)

619776_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

185 ...... in a tank...... with the main gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

1165m on Gulf, similar situation but I sniped the guy out of the chopper. I never play as a sniper, haven't even got a service star for it, but I was pretty happy with that.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

227m. I rarely play as a sniper. It shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

mine was 1110m on gulf of Oman. from the building with the swimming pool and ladder to the US Aircraft carrier. it was on the 360. delighted! over to you :)

Blazer (1328m) and AnCapaill (1285m) and have ridiculous ones, cause they were testing it on one of the maps.
    Awesome (1630m) , dunno how ye can even make things out at that distance :P

P.S. Congrats on baseraping, it never ceases to be pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

1431m on Firestorm...
    In fairness, a lot of players stay on the carrier, themselves sniping - which equals fair game IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They are just as bad imo, but I will still not resort to killing people in their bases.
    Also, weren't they going to bring something in to stop damage being dealt from within the uncap ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Decryptor wrote: »
    1431m on Firestorm...
    In fairness, a lot of players stay on the carrier, themselves sniping - which equals fair game IMHO.

Exactly, I only attempted it cos they fired at me first. he knew what he was doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

one of my m8s on battlelog

1 1Rottweiler

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Mine is 1630m, got it on firestorm on craggy one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

awesome just could not let me have that ,. 2sec after I took the lead back of him ..........he did that . B@stard

1,439m on Firestorm . aiming at ShamrockOverlords Fat head made it easier

@Mick

2.159....For feck sake , I could just about make out Shamrocks lenses glare , that must have been on Firestorm as well , its the only map that's big enough

as for this guy http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Vinarek/stats/372482665/ longest head-shot of all 3345m

Joeface wrote: »
    1,439m on Firestorm . aiming at ShamrockOverlords Fat head made it easier
    As far as I remember, it was your fat head that I ended up shooting. :p
    as for this guy http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Vinarek/stats/372482665/ longest head-shot of all 3345m
    I thought the longest was around 4400m...?

no I assisted you by stepping kindly into the path of the bullet , If i recall correctly I jumped to do so,

might have been 4k but that could have got wiped when they removed all the hacker stats

no I assisted you by stepping kindly into the path of the bullet , If i recall correctly I jumped to do so,
    Ah yes, that was it. My memory isn't the best since you gave me that concussion with the P90.

P90 is now retired , I have 1000kills with it , onto the next weapon , may SV98 and just play recon only

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

P90 is now retired , I have 1000kills with it , onto the next weapon , may SV98 and just play recon only

If your gonna play recon give the M40 a shot, really good for aggressive recon types.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Only 291m myself, mainly as on the large maps I'll be in some vehicle.

Have seen some of the lads on the CI server get me at stupid distances so I'll believe the shots that Blazer, AnCapaill, and Awesome got, but others I'm sceptical of, esp because of the MAV headshot youtube videos that went around a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ktulu123 wrote: »
    If your gonna play recon give the M40 a shot, really good for aggressive recon types.
    Is it any good? Using the M98B for sniping atm, mainly as that was what I was being killed with :pac: and have found it kills people better than the L96.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Mine is 521m with the PKP Pecheneg.
    Hit a guy on the roof heli pad on sharqi from my heli pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

1214m on oman

Spent waaay too much time with recon in the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    1214m on oman

Spent waaay too much time with recon in the beginning

same here. i have around 100 hours as recon out of 240 hours played. my spm is 294, could be more if I had stuck my trusty m16 and not gone whoring headshots. longest i got is 1061 with the sv98 on op firestorm.

anyone else feel no difference between the sniper rifles. they all have the same power, range and accuracy to my mind. they feel like the same gun with different designs and reload times.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

1296 on Gulf of Oman conquest.
    Was on the tower where most people snipe above E and it was my first shot to their base on the boat :)
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/conormccool/stats/288473051/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

conor360 wrote: »
    1296 on Gulf of Oman conquest.
    Was on the tower where most people snipe above E and it was my first shot to their base on the boat :)
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/conormccool/stats/288473051/

Should avoid firing into their spawn. Unless they started firing out before you started firing in, it's a despicable thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Should avoid firing into their spawn. Unless they started firing out before you started firing in, it's a despicable thing to do.

Haha, it was a Sniper with his light blaring at me so i just had a go and got my luck . We wernt even dominating them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Schwiiing wrote: »

anyone else feel no difference between the sniper rifles. they all have the same power, range and accuracy to my mind. they feel like the same gun with different designs and reload times.

I always felt the M98B had less bullet drop than the others ( could be all in my head tbh )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

jonski wrote: »
    I always felt the M98B had less bullet drop than the others ( could be all in my head tbh )

Ditto.

• Advertisement

Bullet Drop on SV98 is massive , Anything over 1k when using the 12x scope your gone below the bottom line , then it becomes an art form , straight bolt allows you to pretty much judge the second shot perfectly.

and if you have left a suppressor equipped its going to be even worse

Advertisement