Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest headshot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I only use sniper for a laugh, the L96 w/3.4 scope, and run around pretending it's Mohaa (the old Kar98 bolt action) :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

For long range sniping the M98B is a beast. With a 12x scope each bar below the cross hair roughly works out at 600m, so if you were aiming at a target about 900 meters away, that's halfway between first and second bars roughly. Before firing it's always best to compare the target's position to the flag nearest him, so you start with a ballpark estimate of how far away he is, then it's just minor adjustments.

Also, the bipod becomes essential as if you see a hitmarker you can chamber and refire to the same spot for a non-headshot kill with ease. It may not be as clean as a headshot, but there's something about two the centre mass that makes your victim more likely to try for the revenge kill and you can headshot him next time.

Compared to that gun, the M40 feels like it has twice the drop, and I've never been able to gauge the SV98 reliably. However, for hit and move play the M40 has a fast action with a straight pull, and is excellent for follow up shots.

I'm a poor sniper, but when I get frustrated playing with randoms on console I have been known to drop out of a squad and just find a snipe-only game on Firestorm. My longest is 1345m, but I fondly recall my favourite - I was struggling to gauge distance from the back left corner of OpFire to the hill outside RU spawn. On console that's the limit of the mesh, so spotted targets rarely have icons over them - and I rely on those orange triangles for lining up the head, and adjusting follow-up shots. Basically, anything I was going to hit would be one part luck, one part learning experience. I hit two guys in the head with one bullet at 1326m and 1325m. Must have spawned on each other at the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Playing tdm running around with the magnum, guy about 75ish metres turns around a corner and boom 1 shot headshot with it, sweet :D

Longest is only 580 with sv98, i rather go around with an acog or 3.4 scope for some cq sniping, Never got into the whole sitting back for long periods buth each to there own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Longest Headshot 1530m
    RU - Wake Island - Conquest Assault
    M98B, 12x scope, rear RU airbase to US Carrier
    Was running around RU air base when I was pinged by a Carrier sniper, its great that they dont move thinking that they can just sit there all day and miss people.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Anyone here get their longest headshot on their first shot?

• Advertisement
Advertisement