Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation search in Waterford

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post...

I'm trying to find good places to search for small houses/flats/shares where bills are included in the rent. Tried daft.ie and the local papers without any luck. Anyone have any suggestions for websites or agencies I can try for Waterford City locations? TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post...

I'm trying to find good places to search for small houses/flats/shares where bills are included in the rent. Tried daft.ie and the local papers without any luck. Anyone have any suggestions for websites or agencies I can try for Waterford City locations? TIA.
    can't fault palmer auctioneers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Try and find a few owner occupied places on daft and say to them on a viewing of the house that's what your interested in. They'll be happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Give these guys a buzz
    http://www.bookaroom.ie/
    051 858182

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I would say avoid bookaroom like the plague.

I lived in Waterford a few years ago, and rented thru them, and found them to be utterly incompetent from start to finish. nothing went smoothly, they fcuked up every single step. and getting the deposit back was a prolonged nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

sam34 wrote: »

I lived in Waterford a few years ago, and rented thru them, and found them to be utterly incompetent from start to finish. nothing went smoothly, they fcuked up every single step. and getting the deposit back was a prolonged nightmare.
    Yeah I tried to get a house of the ginger man working there and after talking to him for ten minutes we went with someone else seemed really bad at his job. I always just use daft and get a private landlord if you find the right one its much better once you have a good relationship than a booking agent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nicolaed

sam34 wrote: »

Same with Hutchinson Auctioneers.

Avoid Hutchinson Auctioneers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree with both

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Personally I wouldn't bother with estate agents at all. They have the landlords interests first and foremost and you don't even get to meet the landlord which I think is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

nicolaed wrote: »
    Same with Hutchinson Auctioneers.

Avoid Hutchinson Auctioneers.

Yeah, definitely avoid these ones, have heard nothing but complaints.

Advertisement