Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Bulbs

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Does any know where is the best place to buy led lights for the house. I know B&Q have a few but they are not too bright. The bright ones in most stores are a mad price. Don't mind going on line to buy them but I would prefer to buy in Ireland if I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

i get them on amazon 3 watt gu10's they are usually about 5 euro each but 3 is good light it is a about the equivillent of about 30-35 watt halagens

i have also got them off ebay

oh if its gu10 or mr16 that you are getting i prefer the single 3 watt led rather that cluster of little ones they look bether and i have found the last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

have gotten them on ebay before from england (most likely of chinese origin) €2.99 ea and €1 p+p cheaper for larger amts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

eurosales in dublin have the phillips master dimmable LED's, i have 20 odd now and you'd be hard pushed to find better imho, although they're 8.50 plus vat, they're definitely worth it in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Forget Ebay and Amazon and those cheap crappy LED lights.

Philips Master GU10 single LED bulbs are the way to go.

One of the best lights out there on the market today.

They are a 4 watt "single led" light,40 degree light angle,warm white,and arent too far off a normal 50 watt bulb with regards light output.

8 euro 50 cents plus vat from Eurosales in Glasnevin,Sandyford and Ringsend.

http://www.eurosales.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=62

Fully dimmable (with certain dimmers) and good for 15 years.

I have my entire house fitted out with them,excellent light quality (warm white).:)

Advertisement