Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate revival by MGM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Turns out there's an iPhone and Tablet app on the way in some "new" format.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If true that's kind of disappointing, but I suppose if it gets enough interest they might use it to justify a new show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Turns out there's an iPhone and Tablet app on the way in some "new" format.

Huh? An app is the big news? What??

EnterNow wrote: »
    Huh? An app is the big news? What??

Apparently, some big news eh, a tiny app.

What a farce, fukcing apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Link or Way with ya boi!!

Here:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/04/is-mgm-about-to-revive-stargate-sg-1/

Full announcement next month.

Here:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/04/is-mgm-about-to-revive-stargate-sg-1/

Full announcement next month.

:rolleyes:This is old news!! It's what started this tread...***facepalm*** ya muppit..;)

By the way Ordino's expertise is also in the field of animated films...

pegasus1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:This is old news!! It's what started this tread...***facepalm*** ya muppit..;)

I think the 'full announcement next month' part is important there :)

I think the 'full announcement next month' part is important there :)

We knew that - San Diego comic con.....

More stuff re a game release here...http://www.rtva.ad/noticia.aspx?id=35555

Translation.....
    Ordino Studios will produce the game in the series `Stargate`

One of the companies installed in Andorra since the partial opening to foreign investment is Ordino Studies. Audiovisual entity that has been divided into two business segments: The 3D animation and video games. In this last aspect, the company will start work within one month, in a video game based on the U.S. series "Stargate." The result will not be until November and be the first game with interactive application of the franchise series of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, which has transferred the rights to production company in Andorra. The project has made Ordino Studies is preparing to hire 20 people for the project.

• Advertisement

By the way Ordino's expertise is also in the field of animated films...

Keep your muppits to yourself.

Note the: "Apparently" and "New" along with "Full announcement next month"

Here's a little more on them making the Mobile Platform Game, last paragraph.
    http://forum.ad/2012/03/26/ordino-studios-prepara-un-postgrau-sobre-animacio-3d-i-videojocs/

Posted a link to their home site blog with the Stargate joke a page or two back.

Downwithpeace when you putting in links use the world and staple icon and copy and paste the link there..makes it easier for all concerned

No offence intended but what you said in your first post today was known before here on this thread in the first post!

Downwithpeace when you putting in links use the world and staple icon and copy and paste the link there..makes it easier for all concerned

No offence intended but what you said in your first post today was known before here on this thread in the first post!

No offense taken I just don't want your muppits. (Bad day, don't take offense)

Moving on, if Ordino is doing a mobile game then another company called Arkalis Interactive (Also in Andorra) is doing the/a SG1 App.

Bah! Mobile games & apps...someone needs to make a proper pc/console game

Bah! Mobile games & apps...someone needs to make a proper pc/console game

Couldn't agree more, some of the Stargate The Alliance unfinished work was released not to long ago, haven't watched it myself but the clips on SG1 Season 10 made it look interesting (Might have been Atlantis Season 1, can't remember)

Couldn't agree more, some of the Stargate The Alliance unfinished work was released not to long ago, haven't watched it myself but the clips on SG1 Season 10 made it look interesting (Might have been Atlantis Season 1, can't remember)

Never heard about that, looked like it would have been damned good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Am I the only one who didn't like season 9 and 10 of SG1? Everyone here seems to love it. I thought it was pretty piss poor.

Season 9 was pretty bad, season 10 not so much. Neither were a patch on what came before though.

I can't see MGM sitting on a franchise like Stargate for too much longer and think that they may bring it back in some form or another (but please, not another bloody reboot).

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Am I the only one who didn't like season 9 and 10 of SG1? Everyone here seems to love it. I thought it was pretty piss poor.

I agree, there was some good episodes in both of these seasons and I liked the Ori as an enemy, they were so powerful that they brought back the fear that the Goa'uld initially had. It kind of went of the rails and felt rushed in places...I think season 7 was the last great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Wormhole X-treme

boogle wrote: »
    Wormhole X-treme

As long as Murray gets a part :D

• Advertisement

Comic-con starts tomorrow-stay tuned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Emmerich wants to make Stargate 2 and 3, like he originally intended,

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92331

don ramo wrote: »
    Emmerich wants to make Stargate 2 and 3, like he originally intended,

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92331

But based off the first movie, not the series..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

But based off the first movie, not the series..
    yeah, would be interesting to see how its even possible, all i know is hes thinking of doing it,

Hasn't he wanted to do this for a while now, even as far back as the original movie release.
    If I'm remembering what I read correctly a while back he was hitting a brick wall with MGM, they were all for the TV series over any movie series.

The future of SG-1 hinted at in a secret room within the app? Given that SG-1 is finished/concluded on tv...please let this be a proper game & not some app or mobile phone game

The future of SG-1 hinted at in a secret room within the app? Given that SG-1 is finished/concluded on tv...please let this be a proper game & not some app or mobile phone game

Probably the teaser for the other companies game app that's due soon, though I really hope not.

• Advertisement

Probably the teaser for the other companies game app that's due soon, though I really hope not.

Ugh, mobile phone games...they really need to die in a fire.

Advertisement