Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nt v U20s

Options
  • 29-04-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭

Anybody else like me get more excited about the U20s than the NT?

U20s are playing Spain today and I'm more interested in that than the NT against England. Weird, I don't know why.

I think it might be due to the short cyclical nature of the U20, more people get a chance to get involved in it. It's also easier to fit into a clubs long term plans to train an U20. IMHO, it's a good way of ensuring you always have 1 hot talent coming through being trained to pieces.

Personally, I think the difference is also reflected in the managers, you have JP at U20 v Greyhound at NT. know who I would prefer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ya unless you have or are training a player for the NT then its hard to take notice but the same can be said for the U20's. Unless your training a guy and seeing if he makes the match day team its hard to keep an interest in every game they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm not really bothered with the national set-up too much, but from a somewhat outsider perspective, there's always a much greater buzz around the U-20's.

NT always seems to be more about the top flight clubs, a real Div 1 type thing, since you need a big club like that to justify a 200k player.

The u20's is also a great test of where the BR country is in terms of development. Some NT's could have a complete fall-off in interest and still field a decent team for a few seasons.

If Greyhound took over u20's, well, I'm pretty sure we'd be badly stuck for a team and the knock-on effect to the NT in a few years would be noticeable.

Advertisement