Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about study law in dublin business school?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

is it worth nothing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I can't comment on DBS as I'm not there. I probably SHOULDN'T comment on GCD for obvious reasons - but it depends what you want to do.

If you want to become a solicitor after your undergrad degree then I would say yes DBS, Independent, GCD and City aren't going to put you in good stead for competing against TCD, UCD and UCC graduates with Firsts, internships and published papers. To be honest though becoming a solicitor after your undergrad is getting increasingly difficult. That said you have to pass your FE1 exams so theoretically you're all the same standard - it's like anything though at the moment it's an employers market.

If you want to sit the Kings Inns entrance exams to become a barrister then any institution offering an accredited degree will do. Barristers earn less than someone on social welfare for the first few years so just bear than in mind. DBS is one such institution.

If you want to do a masters / PhD in Law then its not where you start its where you end up. GCD and Indo 2.1 will get you on a trinners masters course. Again I cant comment on DBS or City but I would assume the same is true.

Just incidently why-oh-why the path to no money and misery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 aegisisc

can u see this example......

dbs.ie/contact/aboutdbs/dublin-business-school.htm

Advertisement