Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing

• 29-04-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. How do u go about finding someone who is missing? My uncle has been missing for years. I know he was in trouble with the gardai and alwso was wanted by a few gangs in limerick. He kinda went off the rails from what i remember when my grandad died. Anyways my mom is ill enough and has been sayimng she would like to find him.

We are nearly certain he is not dead. Gardai have no information either? Is there any hope?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Sorry to hear your Mam is ill, hope she will be ok.

Can you report him missing to the Gardaí perhaps and start the ball rolling that way? Have you an idea of roughly where he might be, Ireland, UK etc? You could start a facebook campaign and get people to share with all their friends?

There is a website that might be usefull in starting the ball rolling for you.

http://www.missingpersons.ie/

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Try www.look4them.org.uk its the salvation army website and they will help and have tips on how to begin searching. If your uncle is traced by them, they will contact your uncle and ask if it is ok for them to pass on any message etc from him. Best of luck.

Advertisement