Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Buildings, Sullivan's Quay, Cork

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,
    are the stories around the old fas building in sullivan's quay in cork city true? There are several houses there and plenty of families but i am not sure if leaving right on the back of it would be a wise idea! I am looking into buying around there (the building has a gate). I had actually read that the cork city council had plans on this building, but obviously recession might have changed all that!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

luru1 wrote: »
    are the stories around the old fas building in sullivan's quay in cork city true?
    And these stories would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its a red light area.
    With the internet are there still ed light areas though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Its a red light area.
    With the internet are there still ed light areas though?

I have no idea whether there are or not.
    One way or the other- report it to the Gardai- and keep reporting it to the Gardai. I don't know about the precise legalities- but I'm sure something could be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The old revenue building is earmarked for demolition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luru1

Really? I have tried looking up the web but I couldn't see anything about demolishing the old fas office. It would definitely be good though!! I never thought it was a red light area though, I am surprised, I was only afraid of drunks rather than...anything else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

I live in the area, lots of families have moved in during the last few years as it happens. The back of the old FAS office is getting derelict now & seems popular with big groups of teenagers for drinking sessions although they're normally gone by 10pm. You see the odd few winos around as well but not regularly. Haven't had any problems myself.

Don't know anything about it being a red light area :confused:

AFAIK the government buildings suffer from subsidence so will have to be demolished eventually, this was the original plan for them but can't see that happening any time soon if ever!

Advertisement