Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggest me a 2 day a week program for Bench

• 29-04-2012 11:38am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for ideas on a new program.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

The EdCoan bench program suggests a 12 week cycle will get me from a starting 1RM of 100 to 112kg by the end! A 12% increase in 12 weeks... seriosuly? Have you tried this?

Anyone got personal experience with the Prilepin Bench program?

Thanks for the links!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

BossArky wrote: »
    The EdCoan bench program suggests a 12 week cycle will get me from a starting 1RM of 100 to 112kg by the end! A 12% increase in 12 weeks... seriosuly? Have you tried this?

Anyone got personal experience with the Prilepin Bench program?

Thanks for the links!
    It got me just such an increase, yeah. Well I think I was supposed to actually get 114 or something but I got 112.5.

The other time I tried it I failed weeks all over the place and definitely wouldn't have gotten the final 1RM. I wasn't eating any/much of a surplus though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

Is this the version you used?
    http://www.joeskopec.com/edcoanbench.html

seems to be a big jump between week 11 and 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

He also does some flyes
    which he founds therapeutic(torn pec).

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

BossArky wrote: »

I did the Ed Coan bench and got some decent numbers out of it despite completely overshooting the accessory day (to the extent that I think at one point I was doing more on the accessory day than on the heavy day).

The last couple weeks are probably only really realistic if you use ~95% of your 1rm in the calculator. Never used the program in the other link... just came across it ages ago when I was running Coan-Phillipi using the calculator on that site

Advertisement