Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 710

Options
  • 29-04-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Three questions on the above.

Anyone got one and how do they find it, replacing a Nokia Xpress music so need Mp3/4 and radio plus storage.

Any issues with battery life, I read the Lumia 800 is a mucher.

This the deal breaker, CW offer it from 129STG, O2 offer it 269€ in prepay format. If I went with CW will it work down here on O2?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Anyone got one and how do they find it, replacing a Nokia Xpress music so need Mp3/4 and radio plus storage.

It will do fine, obviously will perform better than older Symbian devices. It can play MP3 and MP4. But do have in mind that the 710 is an 8GB phone. Probably about 5-6 accessible storage for games, music, pics and apps and etc.

In specs its pretty much the same phone, only differences are the price, design and storage (710 8GB vs 800 16GB).
    This the deal breaker, CW offer it from 129STG, O2 offer it 269€ in prepay format. If I went with CW will it work down here on O2?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If you mean buy it from CW up north on the O2 network then it won't work here, it will be locked to the UK network. You could do that and then unlock it afterwards or buy it developer unlocked online.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

If you mean buy it from CW up north on the O2 network then it won't work here, it will be locked to the UK network. You could do that and then unlock it afterwards or buy it developer unlocked online.

Thanks for that, shocking difference in price though

Will wait and see what comes out

Thanks for that, shocking difference in price though

Will wait and see what comes out

Unless you live right beside the border is it worth it to get one?

129£ would be around 158 euro's + Fuel + around 20 or more euro for an unlocking code would get pretty close to the street price. There's brand new ones on Adverts.ie for as low as 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just considering getting a 710 for the wife as her first smart phone. Amazon.co.uk have it sim free at the moment for £145 with free delivery.

The only concern is what battery life is like? She wants it mainly for calls, texts and email so will likely have data and/or wifi switched on all day, (probably bluetooth as well) but not using it for music or games etc.

I know my Optimus 7 is OK on wifi or data but is pretty battery hungry when tethering but she won't be using the 710 for tethering.

Anyone got any feedback on the 710's battery life?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Any issues with the 800 were solved, it has good battery life now. Talk to the lads on the 800 thread about it though.

I don't have the 710 though but it should be a good phone. Same CPU and ram as the 800 so same speed. Less storage and no AMOLED screen.

The perfect phone for my better half when her 3GS dies (assuming Nokia hasn't released a new one by then).

I've been Goggling a bit and it seems the battery life on the 710 is OK but not great due in part to the fact that the standard battery is only 1300mAh capacity.

There seems to be a variety of higher capacity batteries in that size available on ebay, they range from 1900mAh - 2400mAh capacity and are all Chinese in origin costing between £7.50 - £11.50.

At that price I'm rather sceptical about how good these batteries are, although I have previously bought cheap batteries for a Nikon camera on ebay and they work well.

Anyone got any experience or can recommend a particular seller?

invest4deepvalue.com

Thanks Evo I had looked at the Mugen Power batteries already and the fact that they only do a 1500mAh battery suitable for the 710 is what makes me most sceptical about what the actual capacity of the ebay ones are.

The bigger worry for me in buying a cheap battery is if it would blow up in the phone whilst charging and destroy the whole phone. Am I being paranoid or does that type of thing happen?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

You can pick this up for £120 in carphone warehouse uk. Decided not to get it as it's pretty ugly.

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »

Thanks Evo I had looked at the Mugen Power batteries already and the fact that they only do a 1500mAh battery suitable for the 710 is what makes me most sceptical about what the actual capacity of the ebay ones are.

The bigger worry for me in buying a cheap battery is if it would blow up in the phone whilst charging and destroy the whole phone. Am I being paranoid or does that type of thing happen?

It does happen, but never happened to me. I bought a couple of em from eBay for different phones. Didn't do no harm, but all the ones I ever bought were around 10 euro. I ordered a mugen battery for my Titan now so see how it goes.

Its not just mah that determines how well the battery performs. Various components inside help it too.

I've always read great reviews of the mugen ones so I decided finally to shell out extra for that.

It would have been nice if Nokia would have fitted it with a huge battery. Though then again would have lifted the phone price

I think its a nice phone. Especially if you can get it for that price. Closest thing to it is galaxy ace which is quite a horrible phone

Advertisement