Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Studio in city (or surrounds)

Options
  • 29-04-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi members,

I am looking for recommendations for recording studios in the Galway city (or close by) area which would allow for a novice to record a song in as close to professional manner as possible. I've done some searching already but I liked to hear from personal recommendations with what is out there. My wife is having a significant birthday this year and I'd like to surprise her with this..... hopefully she could have a CD at the end of the session and I can dream of living of royalties....:D

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peterfoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Was going to suggest the Forge too for central to town.

Also great http://www.sunstreetstudios.com/ - that one is in Tuam

http://www.shaysstudio.ie/ - Loughrea

OP is it just you and a guitar or something, or do you need a whole band set up?

There are a load of people around Galway with excellent home studio set-ups (pro sound quality) who do corporate and music projects. You might be able to get this done a bit cheaper. If you put a post up in Bands and Musicians you might get a response there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HappyDancer

Thanks folks for these options.

The main idea would be that my wife would sing a song and music could be added in to give a fairly professional sounding CD. Wouldn't see the need to bring in a band but I would have a couple of friends who could add in the guitar/piano element......

Advertisement