Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent: Missing Rottweiller in Prospect Hill/Lough Atalia/Forster St. area [found]

Options
  • 29-04-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

A friend of mine came home to discover his beloved rottweiler Greg was missing about an hour ago in the Forster St./Prospect Hill/Lough Atalia area. We're hoping someone may have seen the dog and may have information leading to us finding him.

Description:

Male Rottweiller, answers to Greg, very friendly and sociable as it was raised as a house dog.
    Black coat with brown patches.
    Un-docked tail(long tail).
    Wears a black leather collar with a green tag on it that reads "Scan me, I'm microchipped".

We'd really appreciate your help with this, as he's such a nice and loved pet, which we don't want anything happening to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

So sorry to hear this. Did he escape or do you think he was stolen?

You probably know this but your first port of call should be the pound. Give them a detailed description and I would advise calling in person every day. They have a constant stream of dogs arriving daily so would be best to look every day for the next few days anyway.

I would advise contacting local rescues also. Often members of the public will phone them saying there's a stray dog in the area. Phone MADRA, GSPCA and EGAR and let them know so they can keep an eye out for you. Also post a picture of Greg on their facebook pages.

Contact all vets in the area. He is micro-chipped so that's a huge help, I assume the chip is registered and all?Put posters up around town with his picture.

There's a "LOST & FOUND" section on Animal & Pet Issues forum here on boards. Also try

http://www.lostdogs.ie/lost-dogs/

and on facebook try

http://www.facebook.com/LostFoundPetsIreland
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Dogs-In-Need/166360623424165

Hope Greg is home soon. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'll be out with mine shortly so I'll have a nosey around.
    It might be worth your while mentioning it to the lads in Occupy Galway. They will keep a look out in case he wanders up to Eyre Sq.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Looking for help

SITUATION UPDATE

Dog was found there a few minutes ago, happy and healthy. We reckon he bolted after smelling another dog in heat. Might explain why he's so happy now...

Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound. Thread closed and title updated to show dog is back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement