Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal wedding site

Options
  • 29-04-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping I can get some help with a website I'm doing for my wedding later on in the year.
    It's my 2nd attempt at my first website and I've reached the limits of what I can do at the moment, but need to have this live fairly soon.

The site is here mysite.
    I have 3 main problems with the site.

1. The rsvp page. I have the form created but I'm unable to create the script needed for it to work. I need it to be able to email the submitted forms to an email address so I can keep track of them.
      If anyone can PM me to help I'd be extremely grateful.
    2. I have a bug with the site displaying on internet explorer. It displays fine on firefox but on IE the purple colour on the spry menu bar doesn't display.:confused:
    3. On an Iphone, the drop down menus on the same spry bar don't work without tapping the one to the right of it.:confused:
    I appreciate that there are probably many other bugs with the site to the trained eye, but those above are the one's that I currently am bothered by.
    I still have a bit of work on the site to do such the "thanks for replying page" to go with the form and some other pages to finish but I should be able to finish that myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

your life would have been a lot easier to use Wordpress. There are plugins that would do the contact/rsvp form properly, you'd be far less likely to have problems with internet explorer and mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

I agree about wordpress. Might be worth rethinking of creating.
    You can make a wordpress site or a joomla site within a day.
    I prefer joomla but it can take a little while to learn how to use it. My suggestion is wordpress otherwise you'll find yourself asking pro's to write code for you.

Advertisement