Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit my tongue

• 29-04-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭

First bite into my fry, mouth filled with blood.
    I don't know which is worse, the pain of nearly chopping my tongue off or the loss of my once a month fry.

Currently dipping my tongue into a pint glass filled with icy water. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bit the little lump behind my teeth so seek your sympathy elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ah bit mah tung!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Gargle horse semen for an hour to clean it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A sympton of brain cancer. No kidding.

I'm lucky, I don't need my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I feel for you. My natural instinct is the curse, but then you can't curse properly with a thwollen thongue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I only managed to do it because I was trying to not bite the my cheek on the other side that a bit swollen because of my really sore wisdom teeth, and I wasn't sitting up properly because I broke two of my ribs last week. not good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Aaaaaaooooooowwww.

The pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

How hard did you bite the food?! :eek:
    Sounds sore :(

Patchy~ wrote: »
    How hard did you bite the food?! :eek:
    Sounds sore :(

a proper chomping through bread sausage egg rasher kind of bite! :(

just put on this not nice tasting stuff with stung a lot :[ i had to take painkillers for my ribs this morning so it's too soon to take any more for this! I think I should just give up and go to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I'd go with the horse semen idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Did it loads when i sneeze.. Sore as hell. My tongue has all ragged edges, think i took small chunks off once or twice :eek:

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I'd go with the horse semen idea.

The salt would make sure I don't get an infection anyways :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

You better drink your own piss op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I only managed to do it because I was trying to not bite the my cheek on the other side that a bit swollen because of my really sore wisdom teeth, and I wasn't sitting up properly because I broke two of my ribs last week. not good!

Well they say bad things come in 3's, so at least the worst is over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Currently suffering with broken jaw and constipation.......not a good combination, I feel your pain!!

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Currently suffering with broken jaw and constipation.......not a good combination, I feel your pain!!

Ouch you can't even grind your teeth to help fix your second problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

get yourself a carton of orange juice and a straw

We're well past the OJ stage........need heavy duty pharmaceuticals to handle this (under house arrest at present, something may be stirring:eek:), and the broken jaw is the result of having a painful wisom tooth removed......unlucky or what!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

You must have been going at it like a ravenous savage. Have a fry every 2 weeks or once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tongue is one of the fastest healing parts of the body, you'll be grand in a hour.

Tongue update: i've stopped crying but for how long i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I heard that your tongue is the fastest healing part of your body, which always reassures me because I'm always burning it on stuff :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

We're well past the OJ stage........need heavy duty pharmaceuticals to handle this (under house arrest at present, something may be stirring:eek:), and the broken jaw is the result of having a painful wisom tooth removed......unlucky or what!!!

Jesus! Did they remove it with an axe?

Jesus! Did they remove it with an axe?

Near enough!! Took me 3 months, 4 dentists visits and a referral to the Dental Hospital to figure out why the pain got worse and not better......It goes against the grain but, I'm tempted to sue but, I digress............Has anyone ever eaten anything too hot and burned their innards..that pain goes on for days........toungues heal quickly when you think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Biting your tongue is sore but heres something I found out the hard way stepping on an upturned plug is more painful that puncturing your foot on a piece of iron railing sticking up from the soil. YUP>

saa wrote: »
    Biting your tongue is sore but heres something I found out the hard way stepping on an upturned plug is more painful that puncturing your foot on a piece of iron railing sticking up from the soil. YUP>

When I was about 10 I was at a friends house and we were supposed to stay inside because it was dark and they were building an extension, but being the explorers we were, we went out anyway. Pitch black outside and we were running around in what is now his garage, I was chasing him for some unknown reason, I may have been high on coke and taken far too many refreshers tabs.
    Anyways he went and jumped over a load of wood, I did the same but when I landed I found that I couldn't move my left foot without dragging a big piece of wood with me. Told my friend about it and before I knew it he had lifted up my leg and then stamped down on the end of the wood; removing the 6 inch nail going through both the piece of timber and my foot. It felt fine, so we walked back into the house and snook in through the back door where we had first escaped, ran up to his room and slammed the door after us. As soon as I sat down on his bed and looked back to the path I had taken my stomach dropped and I saw the trail of blood I left the whole way to the door, I looked down and there was a little pool of blood building under my left foot. I sat there squeezing my ankle to try stop the blood while Shane ran off to get toilet paper to clean up the trail which would lead us to trouble. About 15 minutes later he was done running around with tissue paper tied to his shoes skidding around each corner mopping up my spilled blood. He suggested that we then try to take off my shoe, just "to see if my foot was broken" we then came to the decision that it would be better off that we just leave it in case the rest of my blood comes out. We waited what felt like another hour in his room just talking about how stupid it was of some person to leave a nail in a piece of wood at a building site. We didn't tell his parents as that would have gotten us in trouble so once they decided it was about time that I went home, we hopped in the car with a roll of toilet paper hidden in under shanes fleece. We got to my house and I jumped out and tried my best to drunkenly stagger to my door. Got in and took off my shoe and then called my mam and she nearly died when she saw my white socks now in a not-so-white shade. I can't really remember what happened after that other than being shouted at for not telling his parents. Dinner was lovely that night actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The salt would make sure I don't get an infection anyways :cool:

How do you know horse semen tastes salty?:confused:

On second thought, don't answer that!:D:D

Advertisement