Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Places to eat in City Centre

Options
  • 29-04-2012 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone recommend good places to eat not too far off O'Connell street area/city centre??? Not too familiar with Dublin and will be caught for time so I won't be able to be searching for a decent place to eat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lunch, dinner?
    Type of food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

Dinner really as I will be in Dublin city between half 3 and half 5... Not too fussed on type of food...pretty much eat anything... just want to avoid the fast food outlets really that's all I ever see around that side of the city but I have usually been in a rush and don't know the city very well. I will be in a rush this time too as I will be busy from 6 all evening so I wont get a chance to eat other than that 2 hour gap as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the kingfisher on parnell street is great, as is le bon crubeen on talbot street

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of the suggestions won't suit as I would like to eat between half 3 and 5 and some of these open at 5 and I miss the time gap for lunch also. Just an awkward time to eat I guess. There are a couple there I will keep in mind though.

Also, I will be eating alone so I don't want to go to the expense of wining and dining necessarily, just want somewhere I can quickly get something good to eat without too much expense or hassle as this will become a regular thing for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭echo.lima

The Epicurean Food Hall on Liffey Street is good, there's a decent selection of food in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Good casual value for money restaurants

South Street - Italian
    Havana's - Tapas
    Wagamama
    KC Peaches
    Sufi's
    The Paris Bakery

other nice ones
    The Farm
    Larder cafe
    Odessa - great brunch
    Nice pubs TP Smyths and The Black Sheep
    Nandos
    The Church
    Bar Italia

Thanks for all the suggestions, great selection to go on there. That should keep me sorted :)
    miss choc wrote: »
    Good casual value for money restaurants

South Street - Italian
    Havana's - Tapas
    Wagamama
    KC Peaches
    Sufi's
    The Paris Bakery

other nice ones
    The Farm
    Larder cafe
    Odessa - great brunch
    Nice pubs TP Smyths and The Black Sheep
    Nandos
    The Church
    Bar Italia

Are all of these at that side of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

most of them are.

Personally I've been impressed by the Gresham recently, Clerys's Tearooms (which has had a major makeover and good food) and Cafe Carlo - all on O'Connell street recently

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Depends on your budget but if you are looking for something special, try Chapter 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Also, I will be eating alone so I don't want to go to the expense of wining and dining necessarily, just want somewhere I can quickly get something good to eat without too much expense or hassle as this will become a regular thing for me too.

Nandos, The Church = both Mary Street.
    The Kingfisher = Parnell Street

Advertisement