Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacket lost/taken by accident in the Brog

Options
  • 29-04-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Was in the Brog last night and left my black jacket on a couch.

Posting here on the off chance that someone took it by accident and happens to come across this post.

If anyone took it by accident, could they please drop it in to the Brog whenever they get a chance and please P.M me saying you've done so.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Fair play for trying to get it back, but theres as much chance of you getting that jacket back as there is me lining out for Man Utd tommorow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fair point, haven't completely given up hope yet tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

CHealy wrote: »
    Fair play for trying to get it back, but theres as much chance of you getting that jacket back as there is me lining out for Man Utd tommorow night.

And that post is helpful how exactly?

Ah at least it bumped up the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

And that post is helpful how exactly?

Lets be honest, it's the brog, it's a black hole for jackets, pints and in one curious case, my pants.

• Advertisement

Lets be honest, it's the brog, it's a black hole for jackets, pints and in one curious case, my pants.

Fair point - I wont question the pants thing whatever floats your boat sure! :P

Went in there today and there was quite a few jackets (none of which were mine) so I reckon people just give up looking for them.

I'm still slightly optimistic that an honest person will return it if it was a genuine mistake.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Fair point - I wont question the pants thing whatever floats your boat sure! :P

Went in there today and there was quite a few jackets (none of which were mine) so I reckon people just give up looking for them.

I'm still slightly optimistic that an honest person will return it if it was a genuine mistake.

I've lost at least 6 jackets, 1 pair of pants and a half eaten birthday cake in the brog building (including the clubs). :pac: The place is cursed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Join the club!

I've lost at least 6 jackets, 1 pair of pants and a half eaten birthday cake in the brog building (including the clubs). :pac: The place is cursed :D

Christ that's a lot of things!

Think the reason I'm so annoyed is cause it's the first thing I've lost there!

Could be worth you're while heading in to the Brog to see if they've any of your stuff.

They'd a good few jackets in there when I checked earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's a guy over on proc selling a jacket, might be yours!

Best think of it as Cork's got your jacket now! Also it's amazing you haven't been lambasted for going there in the first place!

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    There's a guy over on proc selling a jacket, might be yours!

Best think of it as Cork's got your jacket now! Also it's amazing you haven't been lambasted for going there in the first place!

haha yeah they set that thread up on proc for the laugh cos i posted the same thing there.

Ah the Brog's not that bad. Has a couple of thing's going for it 1) its a later bar 2) its free in 3) bouncers aren't strict (compared to Crane Lane or somewhere) 4) you're bound to know someone in there !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

haha yeah they set that thread up on proc for the laugh cos i posted the same thing there.

Ah the Brog's not that bad. Has a couple of thing's going for it 1) its a later bar 2) its free in 3) bouncers aren't strict (compared to Crane Lane or somewhere) 4) you're bound to know someone in there !

Yeah just never liked the place, it's actually more to do with the pints than the place itself though!

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yeah just never liked the place, it's actually more to do with the pints than the place itself though!

A lot of people say that about their pints. I've never had a problem with them. As in I'd never get a pint of stout in there but there are other places I wouldn't get one in either!

Pretty sure they're charging a fiver a pint after 11 these days so I'd be pretty annoyed if I got poured a dodgy pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Have to say, flat pints is one of the reasons I am not overly fond of the brog. And I'm all about the lager, so it doesn't take much to get it right. ;)

A lot of people say that about their pints. I've never had a problem with them. As in I'd never get a pint of stout in there but there are other places I wouldn't get one in either!

Pretty sure they're charging a fiver a pint after 11 these days so I'd be pretty annoyed if I got poured a dodgy pint!

The Front bar stout is perfect because it's drank all day by the old fella's in there. The back bar not so much, but after 5/6 who cares? :D It's like €4.70-€4.90 for most pints after 11 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I find their pints to be awful! the beer is usually flat and bulmers has the weirdest taste of ass.
    i think the staff there can be a bit arrogant. one time i was there during the day and a glass collector walked into a tourist, dropped some glasses and started freaking out at the poor girl. im not even sure she had much english but it was clearly an accident with nobody to blame.
    i've also seen them give out to people and refuse to serve them because they didn't say "please":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Hi guys,

Was in the Brog last night and left my black jacket on a couch.

Posting here on the off chance that someone took it by accident and happens to come across this post.

If anyone took it by accident, could they please drop it in to the Brog whenever they get a chance and please P.M me saying you've done so.

Thanks very much
    There is about 0.000000000001% chance it was taken by accident. Never, ever, ever, leave your jacket unattended in An Bróg. It's a haven for jacket thieves, seven of my friends have had their jackets/wallets/cardigans stolen in there. My current housemate lived with a guy once, who used to go to An Bróg, just to steal jackets from those silly enough to leave them unattended.

grenache wrote: »
    There is about 0.000000000001% chance it was taken by accident. Never, ever, ever, leave your jacket unattended in An Bróg. It's a haven for jacket thieves, seven of my friends have had their jackets/wallets/cardigans stolen in there. My current housemate lived with a guy once, who used to go to An Bróg, just to steal jackets from those silly enough to leave them unattended.

Yep I realise that, chances are it's long gone but it was worth trying to get it back!

Think I was lulled in to a false sense of security because I've done it plenty of times and this was the first time my jacket got stolen. That said, I always used check every so often that my coat was still there. It's a pain to have to either wear your jacket for the night or have to carry it around the place. Wish they'd a cloakroom.

That guy's an idiot - I've zero respect for thieves regardless of whether people left their stuff ''unattended'' or not.Out of curiosity, was he going around boasting about it? As in how did your housemate know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Yep I realise that, chances are it's long gone but it was worth trying to get it back!

Think I was lulled in to a false sense of security because I've done it plenty of times and this was the first time my jacket got stolen. That said, I always used check every so often that my coat was still there. It's a pain to have to either wear your jacket for the night or have to carry it around the place. Wish they'd a cloakroom.

Sorry to hear about your jacket. Be more careful next time I guess.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your jacket. Be more careful next time I guess.

Yeah guess I'll know in future not to do it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement